Black Legion, Space Marine, and Crimson Slaughter updates

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Black Legion, Space Marine, and Crimson Slaughter updates

Postby SRM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:00 pm

They're updating the supplements for Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter, as well as packaging the Space Marine supplements and formations into softback $33 books.

There are rules leaks of the Black Legion formations and rules, and good god, they actually sound good but not broken:
http://imgur.com/a/EAPhU

As for Space Marine details, they're here:
http://www.spikeybits.com/2016/04/new-s ... ealed.html

Anyway, seems like it'll be a good week for Mason's armies!
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Black Legion, Space Marine, and Crimson Slaughter update

Postby mace_ace » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Wow, the BL stuff looks great!
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby SRM » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:53 am

Crimson Slaughter formations:
Kranon's Helguard got a reprint, plus these:

Lords of Slaughter
1 chaos lord
1 unit of possessed
1 unit terminators
1-3 units chaos space marines

Whispered Portents: The Chaos lord is a level 1 psyker with Prescience and he can target any unit in the formation with the power regardless of range.

Cult of Slaughter
1 Dark Apostle
2-8 units of cultists

The desperate and the depraved: Formation units of cultists within 9" of the dark apostle have Ld 10.
Frenzied Horde: At the start of each of your movement phases, roll a D6 for each unit of cultists within 18" of the dark apostle. That many slain models return to the unit.

Brethren of the Dark Covenant
1 Dark Apostle
1 unit Possessed
1-3 units Chaos Space Marines

Unbridled Wrath: At the start of your shooting phase, you can have units within 12" of the Dark Apostle gain the Zealot and Feel No Pain special rules until the start of your next turn.

Disciples of Mannon
1 Sorcerer
1 Unit of possessed

Signs and Portents: At the start of the battle, roll 2d6 and put them aside. The first time during the battle that your opponent rolls exactly 2 dice and gets the same result, a unit of daemons is immediately summoned within 18" of the formation sorcerer (roll a d6 - 1-3, 10 pink horrors; 4-5 - 3 screamers or 3 flamers; 6 - 1 lord of change or herald of tzeentch)

The Ravagers
1 unit of chosen
1 unit of possessed

Sight of the Third Eye - If the chosen champion from the squad is alive at the start of your turn, you can pick one of the units from the formation to re-roll all failed to hit rolls for the turn.

The Red Onslaught
- All of the other formations

The Maddening Horde: While at least one unit from this formation is on the battlefield, subtract 1 from the leadership of all units in the enemy army
Daemonic Resurgence: At the start of each of your turns, roll a D6. On a 4+, each unit of possessed from the formation that has been completely destroyed is placed into ongoing reserve. When these units arrive, they do so via deep strike. When they come back, they don't get any formation special rules, but can be re-summoned.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 pm

I got the BL update last night and it's looks pretty good. I was nodding off while reading it because I can feel my age, but I'll be going over it in more detail later. I can't wait for the IF update.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 pm

I think it's awesome that the Black Legion who previously had no substantial Possessed Presence have rules to make Possessed worth a damn while the Crimson Slaughter who are forced to take Possessed all over the place don't have any rules like that.

And by awesome I mean fucking stupid.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion