Dawn of War 3 Announced!

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Dawn of War 3 Announced!

Postby SRM » Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 am

I don't know about you guys, but the Dawn of War games have been my favorite RTS games over the past 12 years. The first one was one of the things that got me really into Warhammer, and I made those dumb cartoons about it. Well, today they just announced the third one with a super pretty and grimdark trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285190/
Steam description:
About This Game
Step into a brutal battle between three warring factions

In Dawn of War® III you will have no choice but to face your foes when a catastrophic weapon is found on the mysterious world of Acheron.

With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.
UNLEASH THE GIANTS
Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).
COLOSSAL BATTLES
Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale. Wage war with massive armies across violent volcanic terrain or onboard battlecruisers travelling fast through space.
CALL UP YOUR ELITE
Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.
DESTRUCTIVE ABILITIES
Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.
THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN
Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.
ONE ARMY TO RULE
Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.
A NEW DAWN ONLINE
Your army will wreak havoc in online co-operative mode. Join the multiplayer community and forge new alliances - then turn the tables on your new 'friends' as they become foes in explosive, chaotic and competitive maps.

I'm looking forward to a release date and some gameplay, but if every other game by Relic is anything to go by, it's gon' be gud.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Dawn of War 3 Announced!

Postby mace_ace » Tue May 03, 2016 10:32 am

I haven't played one or two, but if my work laptop can handle it I'll give this a try.
-Mason
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby SRM » Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 am

mace_ace wrote:I haven't played one or two, but if my work laptop can handle it I'll give this a try.
-Mason

Go ahead and get them, they're cheap on Steam all the time and really good games.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NobleSavage » Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Mason, I have one Dawn of War: Soulstorm on a CD-ROM. It's from 2012 or something, so it'll probably run fine on your laptop. It's still got the product code and everything. It's a pretty fun game. You can have it, if you want it, and you could avoid having to install Steam.

Steam is evil. Evil, evil, wrapped in evil, braised in evil, and served with an evil garnish. And, I suspect, it runs evil slow-ware in the evil background of your otherwise innocent computer. My computer never ran completely right while I had Steam installed.

Evil = Steam. :evil:

Steam, get thee gone. The power of Christ compels you!
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby tinfoil » Tue May 03, 2016 3:22 pm

That trailer is pretty cool.

I'm not much of an RTS guy -- too much finger-twitching for my taste. But if DoW3 brings as much interest and as many new players to the hobby as its older brothers did.... well then, go Relic!
[edit: I guess I should have said, go SEGA!]
Last edited by tinfoil on Tue May 03, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Jonasty » Tue May 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Forget the game, give me a full-length CG movie this well produced and I'll fork over whatever I have to. Damn that was some cool shit.
Jonasty

Postby SRM » Tue May 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Steam fucking rules, I get cheap games all the time, I can take screenshots and join games with friends no problem, and it patches and updates everything automatically. It's what pretty much saved PC gaming, and I love it.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Wed May 04, 2016 10:22 am

Okay Campbell, you've intrigued me. I'm downloading DoW II now.
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed May 04, 2016 10:36 am

Wow Mason, I'm surprised you've never played this. I think you're going to love it... it's a pretty good game overall and a lot of fun!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Lucyth » Wed May 04, 2016 11:22 am

Thunderjaw wrote:Wow Mason, I'm surprised you've never played this. I think you're going to love it... it's a pretty good game overall and a lot of fun!

+1

Also, anyone else pumped about the release of total war: warhammer???
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby mace_ace » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:Wow Mason, I'm surprised you've never played this. I think you're going to love it... it's a pretty good game overall and a lot of fun!

Yeah, remember my dislike of PC games? Configuring and upgrading shit? I do that at work so when I come home I tend to just want to say "Xbox on" and have it start up with no problems and spend all of my time playing instead. However, I am on the bench right now so... ;-)
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Nebushadnezar » Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 am

mace_ace wrote:Okay Campbell, you've intrigued me. I'm downloading DoW II now.

I would not play by myself but if you are looking for a partner let me know. It is still in my steam library.
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Sun May 08, 2016 11:50 am

RTSs stress me out.

Build, attack, build, attack, faster!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion