White Dwarf is back?!

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

White Dwarf is back?!

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 pm

According to the front page of the GW site today, White Dwarf is coming back as a monthly magazine with News, Painting Masterclass, Battle Reports, Golden Daemon, Designer notes, and exclusive games and rules.

Nice reverse of direction here... even at the "end" of White Dwarf before they converted it to that shitshow pamphlet I still enjoyed reading the thing.

Hopefully this reversal is a trend and not an isolated event!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: White Dwarf is back?!

Postby mace_ace » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:32 pm

I've heard some of the rumors and eagerly welcome them. This new CEO seems to be turning things in the right direction on a few fronts.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:36 pm

This new CEO seems to be turning things in the right direction on a few fronts.

This is a breath of fresh air... I mean, so far this new CEO just seems to be doing what a "normal" CEO is supposed to do... but after the last guy seemed to take such great pride at being a dink it's really awesome.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:54 pm

It sounds like exactly what people have wanted White Dwarf to be, and this job listing implies that they're looking to have Black Gobbo-esque content on their website again:
http://jobs.games-workshop.com/2016/06/ ... ingham-uk/

The year long subscription intro price is $80 for White Dwarf, with the first issue coming in September. I think I'll be picking this up actually, as it's sounding like exactly what I'd want out of White Dwarf. Like Brad, I actually was sort of enjoying it up til the end. It had been getting better and better before it got axed and turned into a weekly pamphlet.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Mason had actually convinced me to do the digital subscription on my iPad (which was literally the only thing I used the iPad for), and it was REALLY well done. Back in the day, getting to the local gaming store to grab the White Dwarf was for a lot of people one of the "must do" things on the list. Looking at it was always fun...

And Black Gobbo... BG was awesome! One of the best parts of their website that they shitcanned. I don't mind the current website. It seems like a nice e-business platform, but padding it a little with some actual content definitely would be a welcome change.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Oh yeah, I remember liking it when it first came to iOS with the new format, then they made it the weekly travesty shortly after.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 am

I would have edited out this sentence. Because it's stupid:

This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion