Re: 40K tables and terrain

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Postby stormboy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Since I am out of the SFR and the club is figuring out all the terrain stuff, Mason urged me to post here with the note I sent him about the terrain I took on Saturday (with Fred)

Here is the list of stuff I grabbed - Fred has a good accounting of it all. But I thought it would be good to post up what I took.

I took the Ork table stuff (but left the "Mole Man" table stuff - that is the big mountain thing and the hills. I think Ian whipped that up for a tourney ages ago. I would happily take more of those one and two inch hills if the club decides not to keep the "Mole Man table") The ork stuff included scrap piles and ork buildings and 2 dark brown hills and the busted up chimera and the Ork asteroids and all the ork barriers.

I took the weird tyrannid building for Patrick, because that was his table and he has the rest of it.

I took the two plastic bridges - but left one with the roads for Ian. He has a plan for those roads (or did).

I took lots of the old prize support stuff that I had bought/made for various tourneys and what not (lots of bags of cast resin). I also grabbed a bunch of incomplete terrain that I had started and never finished (bunker in a hill, skeleton monster that I made for Dylan's snow table but never finished painting).

I took the two intact big trees Shana made (the two that were left were all busted and it would piss Shana off to see them like that)

As for the rest of the stuff - The blue hued city buildings and all of those barrels/barriers were Liddics. He doesn't live in the states anymore and "gave" everything to the club. If no body wants that stuff I can hold onto it. The green fuzzy buildings (with smashed drop pods) are one of Ian's old tables (he spearheaded finishing a bunch of assembled buildings a while ago and a green table with the weird cobblestones went with it). The ruins on CDs are Ian's as well, he picked them up online a while ago. The trench table was K's - but I think he ended up hating that table - it need a couple pieces of board to level properly. All of the roads belong to Ian - I traded them to him ages ago.

If there is anything people end up not wanting (like primed crashed Aquila Lander) please let me know. I will happily take more terrain for my growing basement space. Also, if there ends up being a table top left, I would happily grab another 3 (especially the light or dark grey tables) as I have plans to make a city table of my own and the GW table is just too expensive.

Honestly, I could probably give you a short history of all the terrain that is there. My weird mind has a good grasp of where it all started and ended up.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby SRM » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I think you're safe to take the boards themselves; we're probably switching to mats wherever we end up.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:13 pm

If that's the case, I would love to grab another table top to turn into a city table.
stormboy

Postby mace_ace » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Go nuts Jack.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 am

Sure. Put 'em to good use.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby Nebushadnezar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:08 pm

SRM wrote:I think you're safe to take the boards themselves; we're probably switching to mats wherever we end up.

Not sure if we will find 4X6 tables to support the mats though.
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:19 pm

I use two plastic folding catering tables at home and it works fine.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Same here, though I usually put down two 2x4 pieces of board to be a base it's not really needed. Especiially with the thicker mouse pad mats.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Something I forgot to mention - There is a FW terrain piece that belongs to Jim. Do not throw it away. Old FW buildings are ridiculously valuable.

This terrain piece is complete but the walkway fell off and a couple of the braces came off.

I can sell it if that is the route the club wants to take.
stormboy

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion