Magnus the Red - Deamon Primarch

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Magnus the Red - Deamon Primarch

Postby stormboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Stolen from Lil Legend (and lots of Facebook pages and Dakka)

This is what reliable rumor mongers have been talking about coming out with the second part of the Fenris Campaign before years end. My guess (pure speculation) is that this comes in mid/late November to coincide with the December White Dwarf. We know the November White Dwarf features the 30K Raising of Prospero with Sisters of SIlence, Custodes, and MK3 in Plastic (also the previously seen 30k Ahriman in plastic). So the Magnus model is probably slated for a November release in order to be a White Dwarf cover for December. Also rumors indicate they are moving the timeline up a touch and the Loyalist Primarchs will make a comeback as well, but different than the 30k primarchs.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Re: Magnus the Red - Deamon Primarch

Postby mace_ace » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:29 pm

This model looks awesome. I can't tell what base size it's on so I can't really gage the scale, but my guess is it's about the height of a Hive Tyrant on foot.
I'm planning on getting one to paint alone, even if I never play it. Looking forward to the other Primarchs now too.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby stormboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Another interesting thing to note is the top of the box says "Thousand Sons" which is an indicator that Thousand Sons will become a separate faction. It also lines up with the rumors of new plastic Rubric Marines coming soon.
stormboy

Postby stormboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:41 pm

GW is totally having fun with Internet leaks...

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVtea ... 350436017/
stormboy

Postby mace_ace » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Wow, I was way off with the scale.
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:23 am

I like it... it's really awesome, except looking at it makes me wonder if they'll do all the Daemon primarchs, and then I remembered that they haven't even done all the greater daemon revamps which makes me remember that Chaos is a clusterfuck of codexes, updates, campaign books and other crap. It's annoying.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:46 am

It seems like this is the beginning of straightening that out. There are rumors (take that for what you will) that this is the base of a Lord of Change dual model similar to the Bloodthirster multi-kit. So hopefully they'll be doing all the GDs like this soon. As for the other demon primarchs, and loyalist primarchs, there are rumors that there's a loyalist model next and then other demons. And yes, there's always rumors of this and that, but these are from some of the best sources.
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:42 am

We'll see - it's definitely a good candidate for a dual kit to make a Lord of Change/Fateweaver in one box... the one positive of this sort of Kit is that it's plastic and not FW as that makes it a bit more accessible.

They still seem to be all over the map when it comes to releases... They did Deathwatch, then Genestealer Cults, then completely skip the logical step of revamping Tyranids to include Genestealer crossovers to move to Chaos. Weird.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:04 am

There's a pretty strong rumor of no new codexes until 8th so I'm guessing that would be why. The benefit being that we get releases like GS, DW, and Magnus in the meantime. I'm all for a reset on codexes, especially with Chaos.
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby mace_ace » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Good news from Sad Panda on Dakka. He/she is always spot on with rumors.

Sad Panda wrote:
Moopy wrote:
I sincerely hope that the 1k Sons sprue ISN'T from the new end of the year HH boxed set with the custodians.

It's not. The HH Marines in the game will be generic (except for the two characters).

But they come from the same CAD portfolio. Take, say, the computer models of generic 30K Tartaros Pattern Terminators, add 40K bling, change poses, switch a few weapons -> 40K Rubric Terminators. Saves time and effort and costs.

Same for the Tzeentch models. It was a massive design portfolio that included everything from Tzaangors to LoC and Magnus. They may not be the same sprue, but include lots of computer "bitz" and design elements from a large, newly created Tzeentch-design-elements-library.

(Similar approach for Khorne, Stormcast, etc..).
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby SRM » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:40 pm

That's pretty typical for what they've been doing for quite some time - reusing bits where it makes sense and adding baubles and doodads to existing models to make army-specific ones. Business as usual there.

I think Magnus looks sick. The "no new codices til 8th" rumor is true as far as I'm aware, and that video they posted on Facebook even had a cheeky reference to plastic Sisters of Battle, which is huge.

8th edition is coming out in May and is going to be a complete overhaul of the game. One of my friends is a playtester for it. I know that sounds like a "my uncle works at Nintendo" dealie but he described the Magnus model to me in detail well before the model leaked, horned nipples and all.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:27 pm

They need to figure out how to fix what I'm calling "codex sprawl"... right now, for Space Wolves alone, I've got rules scattered across two codexes and at least two campaign books. The campaign books are nice as they can inject some new elements and excitement into a faction, but they're horrible from an organizational perspective... and that's just Space Wolves... if you're Chaos, you're looking at Codex: CSM, Codex Daemons, Daemonkin, Crimson Slaughter, Traitor's Hate, and 3-4 campaign books.

I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of 8th, though I am looking forward to it. Ultimately, even if they keep making a feth-up with their rules, they're still producing excellent models.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Is there any rumor of it becoming Age of Sigmar'd?

because by AoS-ing Fantasy Battle they have caused what is probably the best thing in army-sized minigaming in The 9th Age. I would start playing 40K again if it went that direction. (T9A is a fan-driven rules set that strongly resembles 8th edition, while attempting to both instill balance and rules clean ups)
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:25 pm

There have been rumors of that since End Times/AoS but none of them seem substantial to me.
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby stormboy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Most reliable rumor mongers have said The Time of Ending in 40K will be nothing like the End Times in fantasy.
stormboy

Next

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion