Magnus the Red - Deamon Primarch

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Re: Magnus the Red - Deamon Primarch

Postby NobleSavage » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Most reliable rumor mongers have said The Time of Ending in 40K will be nothing like the End Times in fantasy.

8th edition is coming out in May and is going to be a complete overhaul of the game. One of my friends is a playtester for it.

Was your secret squirrel able to say any more about the overhaul? It would be nice if they simplified it--and not simplified one phase, put another phase on steroids, made flyers a whole new game, deleted a paragraph from page 22, and added in 8 more, slightly different versions of Furious Charge. ("Insensate Rage," "Steamroller," "Flying Wedge," "Nothing Stops THE BLOB!!", etc.)

And boy, do I hope they scrap that detachment bullshit. "Oh, your whole army has +1 BS and +1 WS because you took one each of the three most popular units in your Codex, making the "Ultramareenz P'wn U" detachment? Well done, I guess?" Was the good ol' FOC that broken?

I might be exaggerating a bit.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby stormboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:25 pm

The End Times in fantasy destroyed the entire setting and gave birth to a new game- whereas The Time of Ending in 40k will move things one step closer to oblivion. The universe will stay at war. I should have clarified - I really haven't heard anything about the actual rule changes. I would be down with some simplicity because trying to play AdMech requires 13 books, a dozen roses, an abacus, and a slide rule.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby SRM » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 pm

It's going from 2 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight essentially. GW knows not to kill its golden goose.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 am

Jack wrote:I would be down with some simplicity because trying to play AdMech requires 13 books, a dozen roses, an abacus, and a slide rule.

Yeah, I'd imagine AdMech would be probably worse than most other dexes given the flurry of things all over the place for them.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:27 pm

This is from the first page, but...plastic sisters! That's awesome!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NobleSavage » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 pm

It's going from 2 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight essentially. GW knows not to kill its golden goose.

Or, in the case of Black Library, they start a new line of books under the heading The Big Famous Heresy Thing That Killed the Golden Goose, then they write a decade's worth a books Set In the Same Time Period But Not Involving the Killing of the Golden Goose, Because Apparently We Have Some Kinda George Lucas Thing Going On, then they get distracted and start a whole new series of books with titles like The Beast Arises: The Rise of the Rising of the Beast, and The Powerswording.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby stormboy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:29 pm

The Beast Arises is a fixed thing. They area actually telling a story from start to finish. My hope is that once this whole heresy thing gets finished... (I know it will never get finished) We will see FW/GW release some gigantic Orks who are really able to threaten the imperium.

*Sigh*
stormboy

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Ghaz needs a new WAAAGH... I love the metal model, but they need to go nuts with him. Then take over Armageddon and start expanding into neighboring sectors and usher in a new Orkperium!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:05 pm

The last couple Ghaz supplements established that Ghaz is effectively starting Waaaghs and then leaving to start new ones once they reach a critical Waaaaghness. His goal is to create so many simultaneous Waaaghs that the power of the Ork reaches a galaxy spanning, overwhelming, crescendo of Ork psychic power.

So yeah... we need some super Ghaz model (or even a Warboss in mega armor model... sheesh!)

My hope is they get back to Orks at some point. I just painted up close to 80 grots and want to do something with them...
stormboy

Postby SRM » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:05 am

Praetorian of Dorn has the Alpha Legion already on Terra - the Horus Heresy series is coming to a close soonishly. Master of Mankind comes out next month and also puts things forward too. I think they're hoping to use the Heresy hype train on the models now instead of the books. Speaking of:
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:49 am

Ahriman looks awesome, but I don't want anything else in the box . I can't stand the Tater Tots pattern terminator armor.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:18 am

I could be talked into taking the wolves from a set if anyone wants to work a deal. :)

It'll be interesting to see where GW is going long term with this mainstreaming of 30k.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Exokan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:41 am

God, those Sisters of Silence look awesome. May bring me back to the game!
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby SRM » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVB1PbwDhf0 There's a video showing the contents of the set beautifully. The models (aside from the characters) are generic, just like Calth. I'm stoked for this release, even though I've got enough tactical Marines for my Heresy boys I could put some autocannons in their hands and get some heavy support.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:34 pm

The Custodes and Sisters of Silence make the front of my pants tight.
stormboy

PreviousNext

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion