Holy shit a new Sisters of Battle mini!

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Holy shit a new Sisters of Battle mini!

Postby SRM » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:05 pm

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -veridyan/
It's based on one of my favorite old John Blanche pieces, gonna try real hard to get me one of these.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Holy shit a new Sisters of Battle mini!

Postby Exokan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Pretty dope.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby afeinman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am

They're really trying to get me playing 40K again, ain't they?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby mace_ace » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:24 pm

I've never cared much for SoB but that model is gorgeous. I do still really appreciate them using the old Blanche art to design a new model, although high heeled armor is a bit much.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:21 pm

High-heeled armor was all the rage in the disco lesbian gladiator pits of NYC in the late 70s.

At least, that's what I've heard.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby Brutal Legend » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:58 pm

I am slowly building a sisters allied contingent. Campbell, didn't you mention there'd be some plastic sisters coming down the pipe? Or were those the sisters of silence?
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 pm

In a teaser video GW said they had plastic sisters.

But most people assume they will be coming sometime around March or so because the schedule seems so full. But in truth - no one really knows.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby SRM » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:53 pm

I might have mentioned Sisters of Silence, or that I was super confident plastic Sisters of Battle were on the way. GW knows there's demand for them, and this model selling out in under 5 minutes (as reported by GW's own Facebook page) has definitely sent a message.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:49 pm

There seem to be a ton of Sisters Of Battle for sale on the preorders page now:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wa ... tid=985802
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Si ... phim-Squad
etc.

Metal, though. But why preorder suddenly?

And, man those prices! $110 for a single squad of Seraphim! (Ok, so maybe you could field two squads of 5, but 6-8 was the sweet spot.) On the plus side, I think I have all the minis I need for now...for now...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Dude! WTF Man! Why are you questioning the new and improved GW that's totally trending in the right direction and who clearly don't do any kind of exploitative pricing? A squad of Sisters at $110 is totally reasonable and at a reasonable total. If you think otherwise you're delusional.

And 6-8 models? Pshaw! The Holy Codex Imperial Agents clearly states that the minimum squad size is 10 and that the optimal size, if you want to attain Super Friend status is 20 models. And by models, I mean Super Models, cause each one of these ladies is a like a slightly goth version of Heidi Klum in power armour. That's right, their armour is so special it's got a completely superfluous U tagged in it to make it Super Friend Special.

So get your message right there chum. This is the new GW. They're totally nothing like the old GW. Totally. Nothing. Totally Nothing.

<boom>
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:31 pm

They don't lower prices, they've said before it "cheapens the brand" or whatever, but they allow bundles which save money like the Start Collecting boxes. I think they're on pre-order since they haven't been available as squads for a while. I'm not saying the prices for them are reasonable - they really fucking aren't - but they're offering the models for folks who want em. I'm pretty sure they're at the same prices they were before they started disappearing off the site. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess when the plastic models finally come out they'll be priced like Space Marines or AdMech or whatever.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Holy Sisters! The prices on some of that stuff on the GW site!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:23 pm

I get the "we don't want to lower prices because it cheapens the brand" line of thought. I really do. Except those prices AREN'T following that line of thought. There's zero reason why these can't be $40 per 5... it would be a slight premium over the cost of the CSM/SM Jump Packers but not outrageous. "Lowering the price" would be to sell them for $20 per 5, which while nice, could be considered erosive of their price point.

Pricing these at$110 per 10 models is roughly a 55% markup over their standard price point (based off marines). That's simply exploitative, especially when you're most likely correct in saying the plastics will be back in line with the normal pricing model.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 pm

I won't argue the weird math they used to justify the price, they're a lot of money for some old-ass models. I know metal production costs went up due to the increasing price of tin + shipping due to weight which prompted the shift to Finecast, but even then this price is pretty ridiculous. Meanwhile they've got new Battleforce boxes that offer something like a 40% savings, so I don't know what the fuck.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Yeah, the Battleforces are a great addition and largely what everyone is pinning the "new look GW" thoughts on. Specifically the "Start Collecting" ones, which I think are pretty much all solid picks. I'm looking forward to the "rumored" Armored Assault boxes coming soon.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Next

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion