Space Marine Battle Company

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Space Marine Battle Company

Postby mace_ace » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Help me out here guys. In the fluff a Battle Company is 100 marines meaning 10 men x 10 units. Does the 100 only count units and not like Librarians, Chaplains, Tech marines and such?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
User avatar
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer
 
Posts: 7579
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Needham, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby SRM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Yeah, that only counts the line troops, not the command staff, aides, or vehicles. Even the formation for a Space Marine company will be like 107 infantry models plus rhinos and such. Here's some official art:

User avatar
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby mace_ace » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Bingo! Thanks
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
User avatar
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer
 
Posts: 7579
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Needham, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby stormboy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:13 am

There was an article the other day on Warhammer Community. On of the staffers is trying to do a Blood Angel Battle Company in a year.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ls-part-1/
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
User avatar
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Framingham

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby NobleSavage » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am

Why doesn't he just whip himself with a cat 'o nine tails instead?
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
User avatar
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby mace_ace » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Jack, that's exactly what prompted my question.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
User avatar
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer
 
Posts: 7579
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Needham, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby SRM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:51 am

NobleSavage wrote:Why doesn't he just whip himself with a cat 'o nine tails instead?

100 guys plus armor? I'll have it done by Labor Day 8)
User avatar
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby Thunderjaw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:26 am

I've never understood the purpose of doing this. You end up with a ton of tac marines you'll never use. It always made more sense to me to do it as a mixed company with Scouts and Terminators included.
++$ Brad
User avatar
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 6270
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 am
Location: Right here

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby stormboy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I've never understood the purpose of doing this. You end up with a ton of tac marines you'll never use. It always made more sense to me to do it as a mixed company with Scouts and Terminators included.


Said the guy with 12 landraiders... :twisted:
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
User avatar
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Framingham

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby mace_ace » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:22 pm

stormboy wrote:
Thunderjaw wrote:I've never understood the purpose of doing this. You end up with a ton of tac marines you'll never use. It always made more sense to me to do it as a mixed company with Scouts and Terminators included.


Said the guy with 12 landraiders... :twisted:


Doesn't he actually have a battle company worth of terminators?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
User avatar
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer
 
Posts: 7579
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Needham, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby SRM » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:15 am

And these days, running a demi-company/battle company gives you a bunch of extra rules, like that Tactical Doctrine that Dan and Fred got to enjoy firsthand.

A better reason to collect a battle company is "fuck you, that's why" but that doesn't have any rules benefits.
User avatar
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't have 12 landraiders for the same damn army though. Completely different.

Same thing for the terminators. Unless you wankers are suddenly ok with Space Wolf Terminators being used with a Chaos army. :)
++$ Brad
User avatar
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 6270
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 am
Location: Right here

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby mace_ace » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I don't have 12 landraiders for the same damn army though. Completely different.

Same thing for the terminators. Unless you wankers are suddenly ok with Space Wolf Terminators being used with a Chaos army. :)


I mean, the SWs are practically there anyway right?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
User avatar
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer
 
Posts: 7579
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Needham, MA

Re: Space Marine Battle Company

Postby stormboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I don't have 12 landraiders for the same damn army though. Completely different.

Same thing for the terminators. Unless you wankers are suddenly ok with Space Wolf Terminators being used with a Chaos army. :)


Details... details...
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
User avatar
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Framingham


Board index Discussion 40K Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron