Welcome to Age of Shitmar - 40k style...

It's dark. It's grim. There's a big eye that's terrorizing. Suck it, Sauron!

Re: Welcome to Age of Shitmar - 40k style...

Postby SRM » Mon May 01, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm not thrilled about the new charge rules they've listed - Overwatch is just a time consuming mechanic and not anything that makes the game more interesting IMO, and while I don't mind 2D6 charge range, some people do. I need to see more before I approve or disapprove of the 1" distance to be engaged though - on the one hand that makes charges easier, but on the other it might lead to units with multiple attack ranges (power fist gets 1", force staff gets 2", etc) which can get kinda finnicky in AoS. I guess I'll find that out tomorrow.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

yeah i'm waiting to see the combat teaser rules in conjunction with the charge rules. I'm fine with 2D6 because it does lend some randomness and having to plan things a little more while planning for potential failure, and responding by shifting the rest of your plan.

The 1" thing is fine with me. It works in AoS but took a little getting used to only because I have 15 years of base to base range muscle memory. No big deal.

I like overwatch just fine. I like that it makes you have to think about charging and not just running blindly forward, but I do hope that they remove the rule for removing casualties from shooting from the closest model. That alone made for some pretty limiting tactics for charging and general game play.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon May 01, 2017 10:48 pm

The 1" thing is pretty common in a lot of games... Malifaux, Warmachine, etc all have it. It works really well in the Skirmish style, and should work ok with 40k since it's usually just "multiple skirmishes" on the table at once... Definitely waiting on the combat rules to see how it interacts.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 am

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-4/

Ahhhhh nice. The more updates they put out the more I like what I see about this edition. This would go a long way to helping to balance 40k games. No more death star units with unkillable multiple characters adding benefits to the unit.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Previous

Board index Discussion 40K Discussion