What to do with Squats?

Show off. Get mocked. Inflate your ego.

What to do with Squats?

Postby Nebushadnezar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

So while I was packing orcs and goblins to sell them and opening others to find the vampire count to sell, I fell on a little box with plenty of old vintage squats. These are kind of cute...in a vintage way. I am wondering if I could convert them into some kind of traitor allies for my chaos army. So two questions:

1) I could run them as what?
2) There is plenty more bike and command guys and shit but I am lacking the proper sets of arms etc. The bikes are particularly problematic since you have to kind of make them drive the thing. Could imperial guard stuff be used to modify them?

Exoarmor. I wonder if I could run them as chaos marines. Some needs TLC like the guy without an arm. Tentacles on the way!

Exobike. Not chaossy but that can always be modified.

Squats bike. I have maybe 5-6 more to build.

Squats heavy and command. There is also quite a few additional models in pieces.

And finally the bunch of hugly vintage squats guardsman.
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: What to do with Squats?

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Well you could always give them to me...
But seriously, run them as wolves and use drop pods to count as moles. Have the others ally in as vets. Exo armour are terminators and bikes are thunder wolf can or space marine scout bikers.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Re: What to do with Squats?

Postby Thunderjaw » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Guard are the most popular uses I've seen for them. There was an awesome four man team at Adepticon once that was all Squats... "Team Four Foot Two" was the name...

If you do go guard, considering the fate of the squats, I'd do them as a "Genestealer Cult Guard" and then ally them with Tyranids... :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Painting and Modeling