Rocking the Taurox...

And this is for Ron...

++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Because it's cool...

Postby Brutal Legend » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:57 pm

GW should have thought of that. Wheels! Duh!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

It does look way cooler... adds a teeny bit of height as well which improves the look overall.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm

I like it better. I saw a conversion with two sets of wheels in the back wells and one on the front wells which looked really nice. That said, I have yet to see this model being played.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't know if anyone owns one... everyone that plays IG has tons of chimeras... I could see getting them for a small allied force... like I was thinking about adding 2 squads of guard to my Wolves... but aside from that, not much call for these things... Maybe Campbell has one...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Along the same lines, you could convert it like a halftrack. Wheels in the front and tracks in the back.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I would actually buy that for Necromunda, it is very, very cool looking
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby 92acclude » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 pm

I could see adding some to my Praetorians... Armor scout cars in the desert seems appropriate.
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2018: 5
2017: 141 | 2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby NobleSavage » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 am

And this is for Ron...

Dude! Thank you. My letter to Santa is already in the works. (The first paragraph is always an apology, the second is always a vow to do better next year, and the third gets down to business...)

There's another wheel conversion out there. Maybe it was a six-wheel kit; I think it's in Dylan's Big Thread. I think the Taurox needs six wheels, but any wheels are better than those tall, skinny tracks. Otherwise, I like the model itself. I just don't know if I'd bother replacing the Chimeras or the Stormtroopers I already have...

Maybe a four-wheel Taurox would make a good counts-as Salamander? I don't know, might look too heavy. And not open topped.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby SRM » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 pm

I actually like the look of the treaded Taurox as a sort of ice exploration vehicle which is why I thought of adding some to my Valhallans, but AV10 and all that kinda put me off. Maybe for stormtroopers. That being said, the wheels improve the look of the model for literally any other kind of terrain. Vic has been knocking it out of the park pretty consistently.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Painting and Modeling