Ten Thunder Archers

Show off. Get mocked. Inflate your ego.

Ten Thunder Archers

Postby afeinman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:58 am

Without a doubt the most fragile models I've assembled. They're SUPPOSED to look like this:

First archer, the arrow snapped as I clipped it from the sprue. So he's reaching for an arrow out of his quiver, instead of holding one.

Second archer, the arrow was already snapped when I pulled the sprue out of the box. Problem here is the arrow is what joins the left and right arms. Also, the bow snapped in two while still in the box. He'll just be a bit...modern-art-ish.

I can't bring myself to look at the third guy.

Still not half as frustrating as the pipe-organ-style Exorcist ("just remold the whole damn base in greenstuff, it's never fitting together on its own") or Penitent Engine ("the hips have to withstand rotation and a pound of weight, so let's just make them thin little cylinders").
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Re: Ten Thunder Archers

Postby Jonasty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah these models have been the hands down biggest gripe people have had to-date with the new plastics. Thankfully they've gotten a lot better in the newer models but these first attempts at plastic were really hard if not impossible to work with.

Lynch's crew was similar although it wasn't as bad as breaking pieces but the size of the gaps during assembly were crazy.
Jonasty

Re: Ten Thunder Archers

Postby afeinman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 am

I imagine I would care less if the models were more awesome in combat, but so far they've been a routine waste of 7ss.

Case in point last game, where my archer got made irrelevant for 2 turns by the @#$*(&ing Jackalope. Some bad placement on my part, but...damn.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Board index Discussion Painting and Modeling