2014 Painting Year in Review

Show off. Get mocked. Inflate your ego.

2014 Painting Year in Review

Postby Thunderjaw » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Another year has come and gone and with it I'm closing out the 2014 painting tracker and have created the 2015 version of the document.

For anyone looking for the old one, it can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao33Oq0Ba1xIdGV5cGQxb1llcW15bTBzWWxVeE1sSWc&usp=sharing

I'll keep this editable for about another week, then set it to read only.

The new document can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao33Oq0Ba1xIdGZHS1U5T3BpY05qTF9rMlRUbUxtb3c&usp=sharing

If you were on the old doc, you got an invite in email to the new doc. If you want to be added to the new doc, please PM, email, text or whatever me with your email address and I'll add you in. It's a great document and provides a bit of a "community" feel to painting that hopefully helps to motivate. Plus it's cool to look back on at the end of the year...

With that in mind, here's the yearly recap...

Usually it is either Campbell or Jon that hammer out the most models and that was certainly true this year. Jon however was on a roll and exceptionally productive throughout the year. With 185 models assembled and a whopping 259 models painted, Jon was "on task" completeing a ton of things including some Sons of Medusa Marines, a BFG Fleet, some Flames of War models, some Grey Knights, a Van Saar gang, some Blood Bowl Dwarves, Warhammer Quest figures, my entire Isengard Uruk Hai army (61 models! Much Awesome!), and other odds and ends. Well done Jon!

Campbell was pretty darn prolific as well with 217 assembled and 183 painted models. Some highlights of his year can be seen in his painting threads, including some Valhallans, Ultramarines, Chaos cultists, a Hellbrute, some genestealers, some Iron Warriors, and even some terrain. Outstanding as always Campbell!

Dylan comes in a solid third with 12 models assembled and 103 painted. Dylan was eclectic this year with choices ranging from a Malifaux Crew (for me! So awesome!), some RT Era marines, some Eldar, a Space Hulk box set, some Grey Knights, an Imperial Knight, and a Sentinel Powerlifter. Having seen most of those models, they are, as always with Dylan, excellently done.

Matt rounds out our most active painters this year with another solid and steady output of fantastically painted figures and some awesome terrain. This year saw 52 figs assembled and 57 painted with a lot of Guild, Neverborn and Gremlins getting completed with some Tyranids and Vampire Counts mixed in. All in all a very good year.

Everyone else got some painting in as well... some of us started off strong. I was off on a good foot with my Chaos Slaanesh army, then GW basically put out 7th edition and revealed themselves to truly be a complete douchebag goatfuckery dickpunching customerhating funkilling collective of assholes by ruining every codex after Space Marines. But I'm not bitter. Really. Ok, maybe a little bit...

Either way it was a good year and I enjoyed every single bit of it. Except Codex:Orks. And Codex:Red Marines that aren't Angry Anymore. And 7th Edition. And Codex:Grey Knights. And Most of Codex:Space Wolves, but not all of it.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: 2014 Painting Year in Review

Postby Zombie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 am

Nice review. My first models on 2015 have been added. I'm looking for a more productive year.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:11 am

Slackers!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Thunderjaw » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:20 pm

I was a total slacker... the GW changes completely killed my motivation. I got a lot of Malifaux crews done and more started, but those are kind of like Blood Bowl teams... not a lot of models to move the needle... which is actually kind of cool. I got four crews completely finished (Zoraida, Lillith, Pandora, Marcus) and that was only like 30 models!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Great job everyone. Let's keep up the good work!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:01 am

Paint paint paint paint paint paint paint
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul