Postby Exokan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Nope. I like these a lot. Keep up the crazy
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Re: Fortress of Fredemption

Postby SRM » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm

"Chaos" and "restrained" don't really go together very often. Those look awesome, keep it up!
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:42 pm

I think what I'll do is, use these crazy ones for the mini-tower with the Hot Tub of Harrowing piece. That part of the Fortress will be crawling with taint.

And then on the other side, I'll rein things in a bit.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby DAPatrick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Looks nice, but Im not sure the size of this model will fit in very well. Please remember that Malifaux is played on a much smaller table than you are likely used to. I would recommend making it smaller and more steam-punky.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:15 pm

:lol:
Well there's that, yeah.
-Bruce of Bruce

-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby NobleSavage » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Those doorways are rad, Fred.

You've really made solid material look gaseous, flowing, mutating, fluxing. My guess is that is some hard shit to pull off.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby tinfoil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks Ron!

At Mason's suggestion, I'm experimenting with some Eye effects.

Including one big kinda-looks-like-a-Horus eye...

And another panel crawling with multiple eyes...

These are still WIP. But I do like the general effect.
-Bruce of Bruce

-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Zombie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Fred, I love that eyeball door. That think is creepy as all get out.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Those are sick! Love em.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 pm

You should make one of those panels out of a fleshlight, or have a fleshlight tube hidden under the missile silo part which just rests over it to see how many people end up finding it.

I also like the eyeball door.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby stormboy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Love the panels. Fucking amazing. The twisting warp spawned hell that lurks inside of those folds of chaos goodness...

Amazing.

More please.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby mace_ace » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 pm

The giant eyeball is great but the twisting chaotic eyeball door is blowing me away. Excellent work Fred.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:47 pm

You should make one of those panels out of a fleshlight, or have a fleshlight tube hidden under the missile silo part which just rests over it to see how many people end up finding it.

"Before I start, you should all understand that The Book of Erotic Role Playing will not--repeat: not--be a recognized ruleset in this campaign."
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby tinfoil » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Bast’yl ur-Arkan had stood in resolute and righteous service to the Emperor for nearly two millennia. Unbreachable fortress walls clad in adamentium four meters thick had armored His loyal servants. A ring of heavy bolters, a battery of silo’ed missiles, and a fearsome pair of lance cannons, “God-Spears,” had delivered retribution to His enemies.

The fortress was battle-tested and, what was incalculably more formidable, it was anchored in the stoutest foundations of faith. In architecture the structure traced the lines of venerable Mechanicae templates. In sacrament, in daily devotions, in fervent prayer she had been unfailingly attended. For centuries the tech priests had daily, dutifully incanted their ritual blessings and anointed her armaments with prescribed oils.

Such were the sacraments sanctifying the fortress, sustaining a regimen that stretched back to the very investiture of the fundament, as solemn records testified. Arch-Cardinal Hiyl Thrasis himsel, attended by an envoy of priests and ecclesiarchs several hundred strong, had presided over the ceremony of consecration.

That had been a fine day, high and holy. Beneath a choir of hovering cherubim throngs of citizens and soldiery had gathered, haggard after long months of siege, grateful for the deliverance that had finally come from on high.

The Warmaster himself had graced the occasion to see the foundation of the Fortress laid and to hear the Arch Cardinal thereby vouchsafe the blessings of the Ministorum upon the battered Crusade.

Who, then, could have wavered, who could possibly have held any doubt upon hearing the Arch Cardinal declare in full throat “We stand here on hallowed ground….”?

Progress on the Fortress has been sporadic but measurable.

I welded the four tower panels together...
The warping (pun intended!) at the top of tower came out much as I had hoped, thankfully:

Then I went to work on the fissures on the corners. Here's a step-by-step look at one corner:
(And from behind, just to give a sense of the method:)
then
then
... and now it looks something like this:
and this

Other corners are not as far along, but getting there:
and

So, little by little things twist and turn their way toward their ultimate fate.

Thanks for looking. Feedback is warmly invited.

II.

“We stand here on hallowed ground….”

Far out in the audience an old man, a pilgrim whom later no-one would recall ever having seen before, giggles and starts to babble. “Hallow,” he barks. “Hallow hollow.” Shakes his head, jerks it violently from one side to the other. “Hallow hollow,” he repeats. “Hallow hollow.”

Others in the crowd begin to edge away from him uneasily. The old man takes no notice. Keeps repeating in a tone that deteriorates to hiccupping inanity, “hallowhollowhallowhollow.”

A few minutes more and a deacon approaches, elbowing his way through the parting crowd and hefting his halberd meaningfully.

The old man looks up as the deacon draws near. Falls silent for a a beat or two, his gaze unfocussed, his eyes dead. Then speaks again.

“We stand on hallowed ground,” he says slowly and distinctly as the deacon raises his halberd. “We’ll stand on harrowed ground.” The blow falls, loping off the man’s head in a stroke so clean the mouth is still working, “hallow hollow,” as it falls to the ground.
-Bruce of Bruce

-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I wasn't a huge fan of this project until this stage right here. Everything up until this point seemed very ho-hum. This really sets it a step above. Superb melting and bending of the plastic and great job on the bubble effect. Really nice. Looks like a place where Boba Fett could go to die.
DAPatrick

PreviousNext

Board index Discussion Painting and Modeling