You guys see this yet?

Show off. Get mocked. Inflate your ego.

You guys see this yet?

Postby TheRhino » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 am

Victoria Miniatures is making "Arcadians", which are basically the old metal Cadian models revamped in resin, and with female troopers.

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/ ... -pre-order
http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/ ... -pre-order

They look awesome, but are limited in armaments for now.
TheRhino

Re: You guys see this yet?

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 am

I hadn't seen those yet. They look great. Victoria makes some good stuff and I really dig that she's switching over to Resins... I keep waiting on her to do something I can use for some Space Wolf Guard Auxilla. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 am

Thunderjaw wrote:I hadn't seen those yet. They look great. Victoria makes some good stuff and I really dig that she's switching over to Resins... I keep waiting on her to do something I can use for some Space Wolf Guard Auxilla. :)

Not a fan of the Highland Guard for that? Kilties and Wolves!
TheRhino

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:52 am

Two things:

1. I don't want to pain plaid and I don't imagine Wolves as being Scotsmen in the first place.

2. I imagine kilts to be a tad impractical for war on the surface of an ice world.

The Scots wore kilts to war, but they didn't march in mid January...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Victoria Lamb is in my opinion the only 3rd party sculptor who nails the GW aesthetic, and her sculpting quality is awesome. The day she releases her not-Valhallans I'll be buying a platoon.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 pm

I plan on getting some of those penal legion guys she's got... they look great. Jon got some of her Rough Riders I think... that's another good looking unit that nails the GW aesthetic.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Yeah, those Rough Riders. I don't think there's much hope RRs will get much better in the new book. But damn they're cool or at least I thought so when I bought them.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:00 pm

I hope they give them awesome rules... or at the very least solid ones... I've always liked the Rough Rider concept and would love to see them on the tabletop.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:I hope they give them awesome rules... or at the very least solid ones... I've always liked the Rough Rider concept and would love to see them on the tabletop.

They've approached being good a few times, but they are just so damn weak. Hit and run would be great for them, or drop their points or give them one more point of toughness or armour. They are SO close to being useful (not great, but useful and fun) but that is the problem with a lot in the guard codex (and lets face it, almost every codex has a unit or 10 like that at this point.)
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 am

Damn that woman! Everytime somebody "rediscovers" Victoria Miniatures, I end up going to the site and wanting to build a whole new IG army. A mixed Victorian/ANZAC force would be cool--and completely unnecessary and beyond my budget.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Board index Discussion Painting and Modeling