Oh Hi.

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Oh Hi.

Postby goblin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

what's up dudes, i'm anthony. i play 40k (bugs and orks) and whfb (dwarfs and chaos dwarfs... i dunno, i guess i have a thing for beards or something). i also have some mercs, bushido, and bloodbowl minis that i rarely get to use, so i certainly wouldn't mind putting them on a table now and again. as i'm sure is true of everyone here, i have a mild miniatures addiction. so if you introduce me to something really cool, it probably won't be long before i have my own army/warband/whatever :P

i've been to the eagles a couple times and had a great time playing there, so i'd like to make a habit of it.

i feel like i should warn everyone, i have a competitive streak when it comes to games (i have that special sort of brain damage that forces me to look for efficiency in everything :P ) so i'll try to provide lists in advance. PLEASE call me out if you think the list i'm bringing isn't going to be fun to play against (whether it's because i've brought too many hard selections or just because what you play happens to have a horrible matchup against what i'm bringing). while i like winning, i find that it's much more enjoyable to win (or even lose) a real nailbiter than it is to to just roll over someone. if there's no prizes on the line, i'd much rather lose a close game than win by a landslide. there's no challenge in winning the game before it's even started :) in the case of 40k (less so in the other games i play since i've invested less in them) i have a ton of models so i can fairly easily sub stuff out for other stuff.
goblin

Re: Oh Hi.

Postby tinfoil » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi Anthony. Welcome to the boards! And to the Eagles. It was nice to meet you in person last week and roll some dice.

And I appreciate your candor about your play-style. Transparency is always welcome when setting up games.

For what it's worth, I had a fun game (even if I did get trounced), and I'm definitely up for a rematch some day.

- Fred
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby goblin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 am

i had fun as well. as in basically all games, it's the players that make the game fun :)
goblin

Postby Lucyth » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Sorry I'm three months late to the party, but welcome to the boards. You seem like a pretty chill dude, and we always enjoy more of those hanging around the Eagles. Also, if you're ever interested in learning to play bloodbowlz....... Just holla.

Cody
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby goblin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:32 am

Also, if you're ever interested in learning to play bloodbowlz....... Just holla.

i uh... have four painted teams and probably hundreds of games played online... i absolutely love bloodbowl :P i just didn't think i'd have the time to play in the league when it was starting up. :P
goblin

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:10 am

ZOMGWTFBLOODBOWLZ!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:43 am

goblin wrote:
Also, if you're ever interested in learning to play bloodbowlz....... Just holla.

i uh... have four painted teams and probably hundreds of games played online... i absolutely love bloodbowl :P i just didn't think i'd have the time to play in the league when it was starting up. :P

Sick burn.
http://www.ameriburn.org/verification_verifiedcenters.php
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Lucyth » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 pm

goblin wrote:

Well that's even BETTER!! We should get a game in sometime and get you on our BB website!
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Board index Administratum Introductions