Hello from Chris

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hello from Chris

Postby Retxed68 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi,

My name is Chris (28), I am a French/American engineer that arrived 3 years ago in Boston from France. I live in Brighton with my wife now.

I have some little experience with Warhammer Fantasy, I was playing orcs and gobelins, but because I didn't play that much and it was so long to paint to not play that much, I stopped and gave my orcs to my friend in France. Now they are playing 40k, so maybe someday I might try 40k.

I am a huge Sci-Fi fan, especially Star Wars, so I bought some X-Wing Miniatures last week and thought I would try to find some people who play to play together, that's how I found this forum!

I travel for work sometimes, but I would love to play X-Wing on Thursdays and get to know more people!

Cheers!
Chris
Retxed68

Re: Hello from Chris

Postby DAPatrick » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Retxed68 wrote:Hi,

My name is Chris (28), I am a French/American engineer that arrived 3 years ago in Boston from France. I live in Brighton with my wife now.

I have some little experience with Warhammer Fantasy, I was playing orcs and gobelins, but because I didn't play that much and it was so long to paint to not play that much, I stopped and gave my orcs to my friend in France. Now they are playing 40k, so maybe someday I might try 40k.

I am a huge Sci-Fi fan, especially Star Wars, so I bought some X-Wing Miniatures last week and thought I would try to find some people who play to play together, that's how I found this forum!

I travel for work sometimes, but I would love to play X-Wing on Thursdays and get to know more people!

Cheers!
Chris

Welcome chris!
I am also into x-wing. I'd be glad to play you in a game or two. Of note, as we speak there is an xwing tournament going on in framingham. If you are interested there is another tournament for xwing next weekend at battlegrounds in plainville ma.
What faction do you currently play?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Retxed68 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi, thanks!

I do not know what I currently would play, I never played yet. I just bought some miniatures (I got too excited maybe so I bought a bunch..) from both factions, so I can change from time to time, but I feel like Rebels will be my favorite faction! I will not have enough experience to go see the tournament this weekend, but after Thursday once I understand more the rules, I will probably go see the one in Plainsville to see how tournaments work.

Do you play on Thursdays too in Watertown?

Chris
Retxed68

Postby Brutal Legend » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi Chris,

Glad you saw my post on boardgamegeek and made it here to the forum (thanks Stormboy). Living in Brighton, dorkamorka could be a great gaming resource for you. I lived in Brighton for years until I moved back to my hometown. I just read your message on bgg. It sounds like you are available for a game of X WIng this coming Thursday, January 9th. Fantastic! Bring your ships and I will bring my large collection of stuff and we'll play a game or two and get you acquainted with the location and a few of the regulars, though I'm sure not everyone who plays will be there.

I just got home from the tournament at The Whiz. It was bigger than the last one when I won first place. There was a lot more competition and because the points limit was 150 instead of the usual 100 point squadrons, there was some powerful squadrons there. There were Falcons and Decimators. I added a Falcon to my B wing squadron. It was fun but I wasn't a fan of 150 points - 120 points would have been more balanced - you're able to include some addition upgrades and pilots but you're not able to just add a large ship to what you play normally.

Anyways, See you Thursday,

-Jon
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Welcome to the boards, Chris. We hope to see you at our gaming on Thursday night!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Retxed68 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi, thanks! Yes I will come on Thursday, I am looking forward to it!

Chris
Retxed68

Board index Administratum Introductions