greetings!

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

greetings!

Postby vorpalwombat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Through a well timed google search, I was lucky enough to discover you guys, and now that my account is live, i figured i'd say a hello.

I'm Mike, and when I discovered (thanks to Brutal Legend's post on boardgamegeek), that there was a club that met in Watertown where the occasional game of X-Wing was played, I knew I had to sign up. I actually live, essentially, right around the corner from where you guys play, and I've been looking for people to game with more often than I get a chance to - the thursday evening schedule and the location work our beyond perfectly for me.

In terms of my games, I'm very much into X-Wing right now, having picked up the game a few months ago, and would happily play that any given thursday without hesitation. In addition, my board game collection is extensive (a lot of FFG content there), and can supply those as well. I confess, i'm not a Warhammer or 40K or Mallifaux guy - but that's just because I haven't played. I'm... a bit afraid to get into another plastic crack hobby, because I know my weaknesses. who knows? couple months from now, i could deb hip deep in Marines.

In any event, it's a pleasure to introduce myself, and I look forward to gaming with y'all when I can.

-m
vorpalwombat

Re: greetings!

Postby Thunderjaw » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Welcome to the boards! We do indeed have a few guys that play X-wing. Some are more active than others. You'll also find guys that play 40k, Malifaux, Warhammer Fantasy (a bit rarer), Bloodbowl, and a few other assorted games. We're actually about to start a Malifaux league up next week, but you're welcome to come by and meet everyone. There's always room for more gamers. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Welcome to the boards, Mike.
We've had a "Mike" here, but I'm not sure he's working out. You can have his place. :lol:

jk. Always happy to draw in some new gamers. By all means stop by on a Thursday evening and check us out.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby vorpalwombat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:02 pm

thanks for the welcome, guys - while the skirmish nature of Mallifaux is definitely interesting, can't imagine I'm going to very suddenly start playing it - so i may miss this league, but maybe ready for the next one :) regardless, looking forward to watching and learning it and other things, an playing more games - because more games = better.
vorpalwombat

Postby Brutal Legend » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi there. Glad you made it to the dorkamorka forum.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Welcome to the boards, glad you can join us at the Club!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:32 am

Greetings, Mike. And welcome!

We only have one rule (at least, one rule we consistently stick to). Have fun. 'Cuz these are games. We like games in which both/all players have fun, not just the guy who came there that night to kick his opponent in the nuts. We've all encountered those guys, and we try not to be that.

What we play changes a lot, as the popularity of different games wax and wane. We're almost always up for a demo of new games, if there's anything that's near and dear to your heart that we're not currently playing.

Glad you found us.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby afeinman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 am

*Vorpal* wombat, eh? Do you have "wombat reflexes"?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby vorpalwombat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:52 am

NobleSavage wrote:We like games in which both/all players have fun, not just the guy who came there that night to kick his opponent in the nuts. We've all encountered those guys, and we try not to be that.

yeah, no worries about that at all; life is way too short to be that guy.

afeinman wrote:*Vorpal* wombat, eh? Do you have "wombat reflexes"?

I do, and they go Snicker Snack. For 90 seconds.
vorpalwombat

Postby vorpalwombat » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks to everyone I met or who stopped by my table last night - i'll definitely be back in a few weeks for more fun.
vorpalwombat

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:39 am

vorpalwombat wrote:Thanks to everyone I met or who stopped by my table last night - i'll definitely be back in a few weeks for more fun.

Nice to meet you, Mike, glad you made it by. I hope you report back to your buddies that we aren't complete losers!

And thanks to Jon for making it all happen!

See you in a few weeks, and if you do buy into Armada you can count me in for some games!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Administratum Introductions