New to the Area

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

New to the Area

Postby DNA » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:09 pm

I just moved to to the area (Belmont Corner) from New Hampshire (and previously from Colorado and Missouri).

I played Rogue Trader then a bit of a gap and picked it up again with 3rd edition. I played a lot through 4th and a bit of 5th. I realized that I never played a game in 6th edition. I am a serial army painter. I have painted large armies of IG (3 different times), Grey Knights, Tyranids, Orks, Steel Legion, Chaos, Eldar, Necrons, Armored Company, Marines (2 times), Deathwing, Tau (2 times) plus Dwarves and Dogs of War. I currently have about 4000 or so points of Space Wolves and a small Slaanesh demon army that I just started painting.

I'm looking to start playing again now that I am settled in a new spot.
DNA

Re: New to the Area

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:29 am

Welcome to the boards, and to the area.

We certainly welcome new gamers. Though you catch us at a quiet time. The space we rent for gaming (in Watertown Square, Watertown) is not air conditioned and gets jungle hot in the summers, so we tend not to gather very often July-August.

We still have some die hard 40k players, and some waiting to see what the new WHFB system will be about, though others in the group have moved on to other games. (Malifaux, Blood Bowl, that Star Wars miniatures game by FFG, Dystopian Wars, Boardgames are all in play these days.)

In terms of 40k, we tend to play relatively friendly, fluffy lists and games -- and definitely not tournament-style, break-the-system and win-at-all-costs games.

Most of us will still be frequenting the boards. I'm sure some 40k players will be looking to schedule games this summer from time to time, if not at our usual venue, then at local stores where the climate will be less sweltering.

My name is Fred, by the way. I'd be happy to get a game of 40k in some time.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby DNA » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:02 am

Sounds good. I too was a fluffy player and I am far enough out from playing the game that I don't even know what a power list looks like these days. The one game I played since the new edition was against a guy more interested n kicking my teeth in then helping me familiarize with the new rules.

My new place is smallish, but I will soon have a 4x6 that I can set up on the dining room table. I've stopped by Pandemonium and the Compleat Strategist just to check out the space and pick up a box to work on. They seemed alright.
DNA

Postby mace_ace » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:44 pm

What Fred said. My name's Mason BTW.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Board index Administratum Introductions