New to wargaming (40k)

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

New to wargaming (40k)

Postby NurglesGurgles » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,

I had been interested in finding out what 40k was all about for a while now and this past year started to find out. I've read 5 Horus Heresy books, have the rules, a Chaos Marine codex, and started working on a Nurgle themed CSM army.
http://imgur.com/a/KbZJ1

I'm in Quincy but used to live in Watertown and "Brother SRM" over at DakaDaka suggested I come over to introduce myself. I've watched lots of battle reports and some youtube videos but haven't played yet. If there's a game that I can just go to and watch sometime I'd like to.

Thanks!
NurglesGurgles

Re: New to wargaming (40k)

Postby SRM » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Welcome! Those are some nice and Nurgley Plague Marines you've got there, and that Helldrake conversion is sick!

While I'm doing stuff this thursday, I'd be happy to swing by next week and either get a game in with you or get another game in and you can come check it out.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Nebushadnezar » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Welcome!
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NurglesGurgles » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 pm

SRM wrote:Welcome! Those are some nice and Nurgley Plague Marines you've got there, and that Helldrake conversion is sick!

While I'm doing stuff this thursday, I'd be happy to swing by next week and either get a game in with you or get another game in and you can come check it out.

Thanks! I'm slammed this week too. I hope that next week is less busy so lets tentatively try for then.

Oh and I just read your rules / info on playspace. I know Mount Auburn Street well, I used to live there a long, long time ago. Which leads us to point 2. I am universally acknowledged by both bouncers and bartenders as being well beyond the age of consent. My oldest daughter is 21. I pass the test.
NurglesGurgles

Postby mace_ace » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Damn man, nice conversions, and welcome aboard. I may also be around next Thursday so hopefully I'll see you then.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby tinfoil » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Welcome to the boards, sir! I'm a chaos player myself, and a bit of a greybeard too. (I have a 21 year old daughter myself.) Not playing this week, but hoping to marshal my madness soon. I look forward to meeting in person.

Fred
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Welcome. I play 40k as well. If you keep coming around long enough you will get to play all of us!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NurglesGurgles » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:28 am

This is great, thanks for the welcome Fred and others. I'll have to get myself a tape measurer and some templates now!
NurglesGurgles

Board index Administratum Introductions