Hello gamers

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hello gamers

Postby buckrogers » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 pm

I was on a different forum looking for a group of people to play 40k with and SRM recommended some of us to check in here.

A little history about me: I am a wanna be gamer... I used to play 40k back in 97-99. Then I stopped for awhile, got some more friends interested in playing, so we started playing 40k in 04-05. Stopped playing once my daughter was born and once she got older I was able to get some me time, I convinced a bunch of my coworkers to play Warhammer. They wanted to go with Warhammer fantasy because it seemed more of a thinking mans game. Well they were right because that game had the most ambiguous set of rules that just made for more "debating" about what we could and couldn't do. We played from 2010-late 2014. Then I didn't like where GW was going with fantasy from the rumors. (I am glad I didn't stick with it.) So I got back into 40k and I own about 8 different armies. Most of them are small and made to play Heralds of Ruin. It is nice because I have a couple of different friends who never played and it is good to teach them the basic rules with the size of the games. I also have 2 armies that are a bit bigger and I could go about 1000 points give or take a 100. So I came here looking for people to play with, I started looking around here and heard a bit about Malifaux. So I did a bit of research and I am liking what I see for that game. Plus they seem to have a better strategy for their gamers rather than the GW people, who I am getting really tired of and their policies. I ordered the starter set and I am really looking forward to playing a couple of games to see how it goes. If things go well I might sell all my Warhammer stuff and just play Malifaux.
buckrogers

Re: Hello gamers

Postby tinfoil » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey there. Welcome to the boards. Definitely swing by and check us out some Thursday at the Eagles Aerie in Watertown Square.
We've got a few diehard 40k players, some WHFB refugees, a healthy Malifaux group (which a bunch of overlap among those three categories). Players ranging in age from our 20s through our 50s. We have some skilled tacticians, but we tend to favor fun and friendly games over hardcore tournament style play, and many of us have love for the hobby side of things.

My name is Fred. I play 40k, Malifaux, and the occasional boardgame. Looking forward to meeting you.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby SRM » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Hey, glad you came along! If you're ever feeling like some 40k I'm always happy for a game, and there's no shortage of Malifaux players here either. Hope to see you around!
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:52 pm

A great way to get involved is just show up and check out the scene. New faces usually get offers for games the next week and then once the old cherry's been popped, you'll find yourself getting games in whichever weeks work for you!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Administratum Introductions