Cheers!

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Cheers!

Postby Gauner » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:19 am

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've been playing Warmachine/Hordes with a group for the last 4 years or so, but am looking to get into Malifaux. I picked up a Neverborn box and a Ressers box quite some time ago and am looking to see them put to use on the table.

At least one of the other guys in my existing group is interested as well. I've demo'd the game a couple of times at cons and fumbled through a 15 point game with him. So, I'm definitely a noob to Malifaux.

I would be great to get in a few learning games and then to participate in some friendly regular games.

Cheers!
Gauner

Re: Cheers!

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:41 am

Hello and Welcome!

Yes, the Eagles Hall on Thursday nights is definitely a great way to get some Malifaux games in! We have a solid player base that loves to drags new people in! Jonasty and myself are both Henchmen, but most of the guys are happy to work with newer players in learning the game!

We currently have two weeks left in a Malifaux League, so finding a pick up game may be a little difficult... but it never hurts to try! Just post up in the Games Match up section and see if anyone bites.

We are also hosting a Malifaux tournament tomorrow (Saturday, December 5) at the hall, you could swing by and meet some of us, check out the play space and the community... we're up around 30+ players right now!

Hope to meet you soon!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:44 am

Welcome to the boards. We have quite a few folks playing Malifaux in our group, including some casual players, some avid ones, and many in between. You would be very welcome to join us.
We play on Thursday evenings at a space we rent in Watertown Square. Because the venue is a fraternal organization that serves alcohol, gaming is strictly 21+.
By all means stop by. Either casually just to check us out, or by scheduling a game in the Matchups section of the forum.
This Saturday (tomorrow, the 5th), by the way, we are hosting a Malifaux tournament. Stop in and say hi in person if you like.

Fred
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Gauner » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:02 am

Sounds great. Thanks for the warm welcome.

It might be tough to schedule, but I'll see if I can break free tomorrow to stop by during the event. What time does it start?

I would be content to just watch a few games while the league finishes up. I don't have anything fully-painted yet and wouldn't want to injure anyone's eyes with my naked models. This will give me some incentive to get off of my lazy butt and finish painting them up over the next couple of weeks.
Gauner

Postby Drool_bucket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:06 am

doors open at 11:00. Games start at noon. It's over around 6:00.

While I would say that the vast majority of models used at the Eagles are painted, it is not a crime to use unpainted stuff... especially if there's week to week progress.

I would definitely suggest swinging by. The Eagles isn't for everyone but most people that show up, end up becoming regulars.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 pm

I'll echo the sentiments and say welcome aboard! It'd be cool to see you tomorrow at the tourney even just to say hi. This is the 3rd year Mali-Fest has been running and it's become one of the premier New England events now.

I haven't been as regular around the Eagles on Thursdays as I used to be with a new(ish) baby to deal with but hopefully that'll change after the holidays. I'm certainly down for casual games and no worries on the eyesore of unpainted models, I'm notorious for not fielding fully painted crews. (Lol not cause I don't have any but because I'm a Malifaux hoarder and always buy the new shiny. Hard to keep up when you've got hundreds of models to paint.)
Jonasty

Postby Gauner » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 pm

I hope the event went well on Saturday. Due to a 2 year old who wouldn't go down for his nap, I wasn't able to make it... Will anyone be around this Thursday night? The Eagles is on my way home from work. So, barring any catastrophes, I should be able to pop in to say hello.

Thanks!
Gauner

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:54 pm

There's definitely going to be a lot of Malifaux going on Thursday and possibly some 40k as well.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Aside from the League play I have at least one new player coming down. So yeah, good time to stop by!
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Gauner » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:15 am

Hey! Thanks again for the welcome. And thanks Jonasty for the demo game. I'll definitely be back again... although, probably not until after the holidays.

Cheers!
Gauner

Board index Administratum Introductions