New guy - says hi

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

New guy - says hi

Postby Fenicks » Wed May 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi folks,

I am a new Malifaux player - I only have the starter - but interested in watching a few games and maybe getting involved in a future league.

As for me I am early 30s boring old guy type. I've been a semi regular at Pando in cambridge for card games but would love to push large and small armies across tables at a much more frequent pace.
Fenicks

Re: New guy - says hi

Postby Nebushadnezar » Wed May 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Welcome!

We have a strong Malifaux player base and we typically play on Thursday night at the Eagle in Watertown. We also have quite a few guys player 40K. We are currently wrapping-up a league this week so it might be more difficult to find a game but following weeks will be easy. You can also just drop by and say hi.
Festivus, for the rest of us!
-Eldrad Ulthran
Nebushadnezar
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Wed May 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Yes, welcome!

Our Malifaux league is indeed winding down, but I suspect some of us will be up for a game or a demo game in the coming weeks. By all means drop by to check us out.
Perhaps to watch a game and meet some of us this Thursday (tomorrow) if you can.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Michaud » Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Welcome! Malifaux is the bee's knees. I am sure you can get a demo if you swing by!

What kind of card games do you play? I have been dabbling in Netrunner a bit lately. The game facinates me but it is so hard to keep up with without regular playtime.
Michaud

Postby Gauner » Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 am

Welcome! So, I'm officially no longer the "new guy."

I just started up with the group a few months ago. I can say that it has been a great experience for me. I'm just finishing up my first league and it was great.

BTW, if 30 is old. I'm almost dead.
Gauner

Postby Fenicks » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Well I played a few drafts or sealed events of Magic the Gathering in some other local stores and I'm definitely on the older side of that group. I have fallen out of it as the sets rotate so quickly that it's hard to keep up.

I played a bit of Netrunner last summer with a friend of mine and agreed - extremely well thought out and fun to play - asynchronous style and all that. We played super tabletop casual and I actually found out after the fact that we were playing with some rules wrong too - oops.

but generally I'll play any card game, CCG or LCG - I got a few games of thrones casual decks laying around someplace too.
Fenicks

Board index Administratum Introductions