Rusty Gamer - New to Board

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Rusty Gamer - New to Board

Postby arenat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello,

I've been inactive since Danger Planet closed, and my kid lost interest in Pirates, Magic, Starship Troopers, etc.
Well he's working now, so I have a chance to rejoin my hobby...

I'm a big fan of boardgames, Heroquest, some of the Catan issues, illuminati... also fond of fighting zombies.

looking for occasional outings - to try and regain some of those game skills that have atrophied. I also enjoy makin' and paintin' particularly scenery.

-regards
Tom
arenat

Re: Rusty Gamer - New to Board

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Welcome to the boards and welcome back to gaming! :) We're mostly a miniature gaming group... Malifaux, 40k, some other games like Blood Bowl, Flames of War, 9th Age, etc etc etc. Those first two are the most popular, but amongst us all you'll generally find someone playing everything even if they play it rarely. :)

We've also been known to do some board gaming outings as well.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Brutal Legend » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Heroquest! I'm a Zargon man as well. I have brought this out recently in my adult life. I even made my own dungeon board out of dental plaster. I did the same for Space Hulk.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Will drop by next week if that ok,

Postby arenat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:43 pm

i wanted to come by tonight, but was worn out by extra HOUR + commute just getting through brandeis due to road construction.

Where do people get their game supplies around here? (other than internet) any storefronts left? i'm in Waltham.
arenat

Postby SRM » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:10 am

So there's a Warhammer store opening in Brookline soon, but that's kind of out of the way. I go to Comicazi in Davis for a good number of gaming things, and I used to go to the Compleat Strategist on Comm Ave a lot. Other than that, it's pretty much all online for me.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NobleSavage » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:00 am

I like Comicazi in Davis Sq., too. Their gaming selection is broad, but shallow.

Hobby Bunker in Malden carries almost everything. I go there a lot, and they usually have what I need for minis, paint, modeling supplies, terrain, etc.

Club members do a lot of online business with The Warstore, too. http://www.thewarstore.com/ We've always been happy with them.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Board index Administratum Introductions