Hello all

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hello all

Postby xxfltcom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi

I am a 40k player getting back into the game after years. I stopped playing because of marraige and kids but I'm now in a position to get back in with 6th edition. I have kept up with the game over the years with the internet sites and never stopped painting. I used to go to Danger Planet when it first opened and then I bowed out of gaming.

I live in Roslindale and work in Mattapan.

I have a large Blood Angels army, a Grey Knights army that is being upgraded from its ordo maleus roots. Small semi painted Guard, necron, tau and tyranid amries.

I have read that you guys meet in Watertown. Got room for another this Thursday? I really want to get back into the hobby, from what I've seen 6th seems to be deviating from the hyper-tournament style of play, which is good for me, i like campaigns and story driven games.

Steve
xxfltcom

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey Steve!

Welcome to the boards. We do indeed meet in Watertown on Thursdays at the Eagles... someone with a brain will come along and post an address here in a minute. :)

We're a teensy bit slow attendence wise at the minute what with the edition change and the height of summer vacations, but post up in the Looking for a Game section and someone will hook you up. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby xxfltcom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

thanks brad
xxfltcom

Postby afeinman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Welcome to the boards!

A bunch of us used to play at DP, so hopefully we'll recognize you...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Welcome. Life is slow around Dorka these days. As the previous poster said, things slow down in the summer and honestly I'm not sure everyone is jumping on the new edition. Myself I am about 20 pages through it, other things just keep getting in the way. Coupled that with the heat and we generally write off these middle months.

That said, there are always games to be played, the real life community might just seem a bit sparse. I would expect things to pick up in September where we usually have 6+ games or so a night with maybe 20 or so active 40k players in the mix.

Welcome. Join us, stop by and relax. Few things:

It sounds like this won't be an issue, but we play at a 21+ venue. Alcohol is served. No need for ID unless you have a baby face like Cody. But more of a heads-up, we don't want to assume anything.

We are immature adults. Don't take things too seriously with the boards. You will probably get some lenience for a few weeks. After that, once someone has met you, its fair game. Feel free to reciprocate anything that comes your way.

We (mostly) don't care about winning. Don't bring a beat stick list. Or if you do, just be straight up about it. "I'm thinking of playing a tournament next week and want to try out my list" is cool. Not stating it is not so cool. Any 'internet' list played decently will steamroll the fluff we tend to play

I'll PM you the address. Meet anytime from 5:30-6:00 on Thursday.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Exokan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

DAPatrick wrote:blah blah blah

And you just met Dorka's self appointed governer and important guy, Patrick.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby mace_ace » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Hey Steve,
Blood Angels, around when DP opened, married and kids. Is this Steve the ambulance guy?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby xxfltcom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Yep steve the ambulance guy.

Mason! What's up man
I work at Boston EMS now, left cambridge like 4 years ago. Kids got in the way of the gaming. I figured to get back into it with an adult club.

And for DAPatrick, I'm 33, I'm not a regular drinker but I am willing to try.
xxfltcom

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Exokan wrote:

You also just met the only person in Dorka to ever lock a forum topic. Mike is just sore that I kept both Adeptus Mechanicus skullz sets for myself.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby 92acclude » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm

DAPatrick wrote:
Exokan wrote:

You also just met the only person in Dorka to ever lock a forum topic. Mike is just sore that I kept both Adeptus Mechanicus skullz sets for myself.

You bought 2 of them?
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Exokan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 pm

92acclude wrote:You bought 2 of them?

As far as I know Patrick is also the resident guy who tells you Santa Claus does not exist...
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby stormboy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:26 am

Exokan wrote:
92acclude wrote:You bought 2 of them?

As far as I know Patrick is also the resident guy who tells you Santa Claus does not exist...

Wait just a minute, I am trying to figure out what you mean about this whole Santa thing. Who eats the cookies I leave out then?

Welcome Steve!

Also the Eagles is a sweat box in the summer, it is much more comfy in the fall.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby mace_ace » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 am

Hey Steve,
Awesome, welcome back. You're welcome down the Eagles any time. Also, that time that you bumped into me at the Mt Auburn ER when that had me locked away in that glass room because they didn't know what was wrong with me and didn't want me to take down half the hospital, I totally didn't die like they thought I might.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 am

i like campaigns and story driven games.

We dig that kind of stuff, too. We just finished up a narrative-driven 40k league. The administrator wrote unique missions for each match up influenced by what happened in the previous week. Pretty cool.

We've gotten a bit more competitive, but like everybody's said, it's still pretty casual and not competitive fuckwafflery.

And we swear. And we're homophobic. And we don't say very nice things about women. Often, we don't say very nice things about each other.

But we are kind to animals.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby afeinman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 am

NobleSavage wrote:But we are kind to animals.

Except deer. Ron hates deer.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Next

Board index Administratum Introductions