Saying Hi!

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Saying Hi!

Postby bobP » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi everybody! I was at the hall last night with my Imperial Fists/Dark Angels versus Dylan's awesome Orks, my first game in ten long years! I'm really liking the new rulebook a lot, and excited to dive back into 40k. I had so much fun last night playing the game again and also meeting some of you, and looking forward to next time! The last time I played was back in '02 at Danger Planet, and before that was playing with Brian L, Paul G, Mark B and the waltham gang pre-DP when 2nd edition came out, and a little before that just a couple of smallish Rogue Trader games around 1990. That's it, and thanks so much!

Bob
My 40k Armies: Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Eldar, Tyranids
bobP

Postby afeinman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Bob. Glad you braved the summer sweathouse to come down. It gets a lot better in the Fall. ;)

- Alex
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Glad to see you there last night! This is a great time to get back into 40k as the new edition is pretty cool. Hope to see you there again! :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 pm

What Thunderjaw said.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby SRM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm

It was nice to meet you yesterday, and I really dug your old-school Marines!
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby 92acclude » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm

YAY!
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby tinfoil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi Bob. Great to meet you last night. I look forward to facing off on the field of battle.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby xxfltcom » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey Bob, great to meet you. Although we probably met way back in the at Paul's house, sorry my memory is poor.

Now we need to get Paul, Brian and the rest to come down and play.
xxfltcom

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:11 pm

xxfltcom wrote:Now we need to get Paul, Brian and the rest to come down and play.

lol!
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby afeinman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Brian and Earl dropped by a few times. Maybe y'all could get 'em back...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Re: Saying Hi!

Postby PaulG » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey Bob, speak of the devil and he shall appear. 8) Paul G here. Good to see you're getting back in the 40K life. 6th edition has got me enthused as well. Look forward to seeing you and Mr. Dinis too, I hope.

Paul G.

bobP wrote:Hi everybody! I was at the hall last night with my Imperial Fists/Dark Angels versus Dylan's awesome Orks, my first game in ten long years! I'm really liking the new rulebook a lot, and excited to dive back into 40k. I had so much fun last night playing the game again and also meeting some of you, and looking forward to next time! The last time I played was back in '02 at Danger Planet, and before that was playing with Brian L, Paul G, Mark B and the waltham gang pre-DP when 2nd edition came out, and a little before that just a couple of smallish Rogue Trader games around 1990. That's it, and thanks so much!

Bob
Paul G
Space Wolf by conviction but also, Blood Angels, Black Templars, Ultramarines, Eldar, IG, Sisters, Grey Knights
PaulG

Postby PaulG » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:02 pm

Assume this is Steve D. I'm interested in coming down now that 6th is out. My Wolvies are anxious to get back on the table top. Ive fleshed them out wiith Thunderwolf cavalry. Very wolfie. :D Don't know if Mark is interested though, I have played a couple of times at Brian's.

Paul G.

xxfltcom wrote:Hey Bob, great to meet you. Although we probably met way back in the at Paul's house, sorry my memory is poor.

Now we need to get Paul, Brian and the rest to come down and play.
Paul G
Space Wolf by conviction but also, Blood Angels, Black Templars, Ultramarines, Eldar, IG, Sisters, Grey Knights
PaulG

Postby xxfltcom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Holy shit Paul, great to hear from you. Yep its Steve, now married with 2 kids and working to keep all that. It will be great to beat on the old man of 40k again. :D.
xxfltcom

Postby bobP » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Paul! So glad to hear from you.. Yay! Been wondering how everyone's been doing over the years. I've still been reminiscing the old days even though I pretty much disappeared in '02. Is it Steve D the Imperial Guard Steve? It's been so long I'm not sure. Where's Mark B these days? I'm planning on getting in touch with Brian L pretty soon to catch up.
My 40k Armies: Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Eldar, Tyranids
bobP

Postby PaulG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 am

Hey Bob,

Mark B's not playing 40K anymore. We've been running a few games at Brian's these day. Still love to get together with you guys and get back into it in regular way. Go Wolves. Looking forward to seeing you and Steve and the rest of the guys soon.

Paul

bobP wrote:Paul! So glad to hear from you.. Yay! Been wondering how everyone's been doing over the years. I've still been reminiscing the old days even though I pretty much disappeared in '02. Is it Steve D the Imperial Guard Steve? It's been so long I'm not sure. Where's Mark B these days? I'm planning on getting in touch with Brian L pretty soon to catch up.
Paul G
PaulG

Board index Administratum Introductions