Hi All

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hi All

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Brian here, formally "swordbrethren" on the Danger Planet boards. Looks like Paul beat me back here. Thanks very much to Alex and Jeremy for helping to get my account straightened out :)

When I created my old DP account I was actually painting Black Templars but for a while now I've been pretty consistently painting my Blood Angels so I named my account in that theme. For those that haven't seen any of my army I've got an online gallery on the old site. Since I last updated it I've also finished a rhino, a storm raven, and a librarian and am currently painting sternguard.

I'm really, really psyched about the sixth edition and am looking forward to getting more games under my belt. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you guys sometime soon in person.

Good gaming,

B
Living_Host

Postby afeinman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Brian-- good to see you signed up! I'll try to remember the new moniker. ;)

It's sweltering this time of year but that hasn't been enough to keep people away with folks excited about 6th edition.

The armor on Dante is awesome and I love the way you can clearly read the rather peturbed expression on Mephiston's face...nice work as always...

- Alex
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Dante's Armor

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks Alex.

Dante's armor marks my first and only real attempt at non-metal metal (at least until I get my Sanguinary Guard ready). Even though I like the way that Dante came out I'm planning on using the metallic golds on my sternguard's helmets for extra shine. I'll probably reserve the non-metal metal for units featuring gold armor.

As for Mephiston, I asked him to smile pretty for the camera but that was the best he could manage...

B
Living_Host

Postby tinfoil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Brian!! It's Fred. Great to see you resurfacing on our boards.

Dude, we have to play.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby eric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:39 pm

A little birdy told me your Blood Angels look AMAZING- I'm gonna go check out the gallery but I hope to see them in person soon!
eric

Postby Zombie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey Brian,

I'm glad to see you made it over here.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey Brian,
Welcome back.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby 92acclude » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Brian, it's Dylan, glad to have you around.
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby DAPatrick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Welcome. We play weekly on Thursdays at the Eagles in Watertown, someone can MSG you the address I am sure. You should stop by and play a game, although like has been mentioned before, it is a little warm in there these days.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Good to be back

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Hey All,

Thanks for all of the welcoming posts.

Patrick, thanks for the reminder 8)

Eric, looking forward to seeing your army as well. Are you still working on the Templars? They looked outstanding the last time that I saw them.

Fred, I'll definitely have to catch you for a game as soon as I can get over there. With the ghost of Sanguinius as my witness someday my Angels will beat your demons, which I hear are looking even more awesome than when I last saw them.

B
Living_Host

Postby afeinman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:59 pm

DAPatrick wrote:Welcome. We play weekly on Thursdays at the Eagles in Watertown, someone can MSG you the address I am sure. You should stop by and play a game, although like has been mentioned before, it is a little warm in there these days.

I think Brian's been to the place...yes?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Eagles

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Heh, several times.

Played in a couple of tournaments and even bought an Eagles hat ;)

B
Living_Host

Re: Good to be back

Postby eric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Living_Host wrote:Eric, looking forward to seeing your army as well. Are you still working on the Templars? They looked outstanding the last time that I saw them.

They probably look exactly the same as the last time you saw them.
eric

Postby DAPatrick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:42 pm

afeinman wrote:
DAPatrick wrote:Welcome. We play weekly on Thursdays at the Eagles in Watertown, someone can MSG you the address I am sure. You should stop by and play a game, although like has been mentioned before, it is a little warm in there these days.

I think Brian's been to the place...yes?

Wait - was he the guy who brought the underage teenager with him?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Underage Teens

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Yup, I'm that guy.

That was a fun game: I think that was Fred, myself, Earl and Livingston in a 2000pt doubles game. Fred and I joined forces with Fred bringing 1000pts of Tzeentch demons and me bringing 1000pts of Thousand Sons against the Ultramarine/IG forces of Livingston and Earl. It's not often that I'm cheering for Chaos.

B
Living_Host

Next

Board index Administratum Introductions