Hi All

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Postby xxfltcom » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Brian!

What's up man. Good to see you back. I'm looking forward to blood bath games, Fistious!

Now Blood Angels, that's great. I'm working on finishing a squad of Sanguinary guard and a Stormraven. I'll be repainting some assault marines next and painting a new death company, sort of a resurrection. If you remember I had the prancing death company from late 3rd ed.

Steve
xxfltcom

Steve

Postby Living_Host » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Heya Steve,

It's awesome that you're back on the radar. I heard that Bob has recently resurfaced as well. Very cool. I do remember your Blood Angels also having several dreadnoughts at their disposal. I've currently got one Furioso built but look forward to eventually building the others I've got lying in wait.

Yes, Mighty Fistious is still available for games although my Crimson Fists don't see as much action these days. That army was one that I painted and modeled over 20 years so the overall look of it was pretty varied. Creating an army with a consistent look was one reason I started Blood Angels. The other at the time was that I was really dying to paint stuff red. I almost started a Khador army for Warmachine but opted instead to stick with my 40K roots :)

B
Living_Host

Postby xxfltcom » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 pm

My project was to repaint my blood angels so that they didn't look like ass. You probably recall the old paint jobs.

xxfltcom

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Those don't look that bad, they need a lot of work here and there, but all in all they are decent paint jobs. I think one of the things that ties the different thugs together is that they are based the same. That I believe is key. Try looking up different techniques like shading and dry brushing. The GW website also has lots of great resources to really improve your painting all around.

Regardless, good start, just keep painting and it will improve. Can wait to see your new stuff.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

New Stuff

Postby Living_Host » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Steve,

Wow, those are really looking great. I do recall your previous paint jobs and I remember them featuring a relatively uneven ink wash. These new guys look much stronger, way to go. It'd be awesome if we could team up some time to make an extra-large Blood Angels host.

B
Living_Host

Postby xxfltcom » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

That would be fun to play. Blood Angel host pouring over the battlefield. I concentrated on the "codex" paint jobs go the last few years and my skill improved. With the new allies rules hopefully I can branch out to paint so more complex stuff chaos, daemons etc
xxfltcom

Postby Lucyth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 pm

DAPatrick wrote:Trolololololololo!!!
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Chaos

Postby Living_Host » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 am

LOL

Chaos demons have attracted my attention lately too. I really like the new plague bearers. I also picked up the "Greater Plague Demon" from Ultraforge Miniatures when I was down at the War Store (impulse buy). DP has a Death Guard army so I keep thinking of allying demons with it.

Still have plenty of Blood Angels to paint though before I get to that.

B
Living_Host

Postby bobP » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 am

Hey Brian! It's Bob P. (Eldar guy from the old Waltham group, Paul G, Mark B) So glad to hear from you again! Hope to catch up soon. Have to keep this short for now, talk again soon!
My 40k Armies: Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Eldar, Tyranids
bobP

Bob

Postby Living_Host » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 am

Hey Bob,

It's great to hear from you! Of course I remember you :) In my mind you're not just an Eldar player. I've got more memories of you and your 'Nids and I also recall you having a great looking Imperial Fists army too. It would be terrific to catch up. I'm hoping to be able to get over to the Eagles more often in the relatively near future and am looking forward to seeing you there.

B
Living_Host

Thursday Night

Postby Living_Host » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi All,

As it turns out I'll be able to make it to the Eagles club this week and will be playing a game against Tim. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with many of you as well.

See you Thursday,

B
Living_Host

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi All,

I’ve received several questions from various forum members asking “where’ve you been?â€
Living_Host

Postby afeinman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks Brian, that's kind of what I figured.

Are you thinking of playing in the Blood Bowl league?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Blood Bowl

Postby Living_Host » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Alex,

Not likely this time around. I love Blood Bowl but I love 40K more. Now that I'm making real progress on my Blood Angels I don't want to lose momentum. Have a ton more work to do.

B
Living_Host

Re: Blood Bowl

Postby Exokan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Living_Host wrote:Brians Life Story

But do you like long walks on the beach?
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

PreviousNext

Board index Administratum Introductions