Howdy pardners

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Postby byrobot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 pm

I couldn't make the arithmatic work for a Rat Ogrue a starting build. I still want one though. I'll definitely pick one up once I have some money in the bank even if it isn't the smartest move. I ordered one of scary looking fantasy battle ones on the cheap from eBay, so I'll have one lying in wait at least.

I went with the same build as before 7 Line, 2 runners, 2 blitzers, 1 thrower, 3 trr but swapped out the useless fan factor for an apoth and 10k left over in the bank. I'm going to try to keep a good sense of humor about all of them getting bashed into pieces.
byrobot

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 pm

That's a pretty standard line up for Skaven. Some people skip the apothecary for an extra line rat and buy the apoth after game one. It's all about the same really so you've got a good choice. Pretty much every team has to start without a big guy, but most people can get one after about the 4th game or so barring any hardcore deaths.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Skaven player here:

The rat ogre is a tricky one. Most people max out their positionals before going to the Rat Ogre because of the value of the positionals on this team. I would recommend this, but you may spend so long replacing players that you never have enough saved up for the rat ogre.

A few thoughts:
If you are playing in the league you will be inducing massive amounts of gold. You will probably have no problem taking the star player rat ogre. You will need to play the inducement game and play it well. This is the type of team with enough skills starting out that you can do a lot when you are inducing 800+k!

You could stand to drop a reroll. Most of your heavy lifting will be done on a 2+ or 3+ with a built in reroll. This isn't bad. Target your MVP towards your passer and take leader on his first roll to bring you up to three. Bump a storm vermin and this should give you enough to rock the ogre from the start. If you do this, you target the ogre, passer and blitzer for all MVPs until they each have a skill.

I'm actually a fan of running the ogre from the start in a targeted league, it allows him more time to get a skill or two. After he has two skills he is pretty good. Look for juggernaught or possibly break tackle. Take advantage of that prehensile tail, but remember that you may have to blitz with him every turn if you want him to do anything. Keep him in the mix as much as possible and away from dirty fouling Orc teams...

You could also max out your gutter runners. Spread out their SPP's. Unless you get something crazy, first skill Block if you haven't rolled 10 by skill #2 move on to the next one. Once you have a move boosted Gutter Runner things become a little easier.

Just some thoughts. I've got loads more.

Halfling Chef - the rats capitalize upon their opponents mistakes more than any other team. Take a chef and reduce the rerolls that they get so when they mess something up you are left with a possible opening.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby byrobot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Very interesting thoughts, thanks! I like the idea of dropping a blitzer and a reroll for an ogre from day 1. Maybe a little reckless, but I'm told this is a beer and pretzels kind of league, afterall.

Maxxing out runners is also really tempting though. I guess I still have a couple of nights to decide...
byrobot

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm

byrobot wrote: I'm told this is a beer and pretzels kind of league, afterall.

You were told wrong.
We are nice guys, but we take our Bloodbowl very seriously. Any one of us could drop the boot on your rat ogre the first chance we get, so be sure you do the same to us! This isn't 40k after all...
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Lucyth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 pm

DAPatrick wrote:We are nice guys, but we take our Bloodbowl very seriously. Any one of us could drop the boot on your rat ogre the first chance we get, so be sure you do the same to us! This isn't 40k after all...

Yeah, most of us are nice and amenable. Except Patrick who takes this stuff WAY too seriously.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 pm

DAPatrick wrote:

You were told wrong.

But we do give handjobs to each other after the first half. I hope you're okay with that house rule.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Lucyth wrote:
DAPatrick wrote:We are nice guys, but we take our Bloodbowl very seriously. Any one of us could drop the boot on your rat ogre the first chance we get, so be sure you do the same to us! This isn't 40k after all...

Yeah, most of us are nice and amenable. Except Patrick who takes this stuff WAY too seriously.

What team are you playing?
DAPatrick

Postby byrobot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Drool_bucket wrote:
DAPatrick wrote:

You were told wrong.

But we do give handjobs to each other after the first half. I hope you're okay with that house rule.

I'll reserve judgment pending an assesment of the quality of the handjobs. The act can be less than pleasant, akin to weeding a garden or getting one's groin trapped in a celing fan.

And I appreciate the candor, Patrick. I'll be sure not to pull any punches. Or more accurately, not to get too butthurt when if no one pulls any punches against me...
byrobot

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 pm

or getting one's groin trapped in a celing fan

This, while horrifying, still makes me chuckle imagining it happening to some poor luckless bastard.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Previous

Board index Administratum Introductions