Greetings From Below (or above, if you live south of rt 90)

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Greetings From Below (or above, if you live south of rt 90)

Postby eohall » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi all-

Clued into this forum from Dakka, heard it was largely a local (to me, anyways) forum. I live in Newton on the Watertown line, and I've been slowly but steadily re-immersing myself in the hobby for the past couple of months. Trying to scrape some DE together, reassemble my CSM in anticipation of the new dex, and improve my nonexistent painting skills. Haven't had an honest game of 6th yet, hoping to change that soon! Anyways, I'll poke around the forums but wanted to say hello.
eohall

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello and welcome!

You sound really close to our hall, as seen on the bottom of this page...

www.dorkamorka.com/events

you should come by and check it out. We have a few DE snobs lying about and a whole mess of CSM players.
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Welcome to the Boards. I live in Newton myself (Newton Corner, to be more precise). Definitely come check us out at the Eagles Hall some Thursday evening. We're always looking for new blood!

- Fred
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Hi

Postby Living_Host » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi eohall,

Welcome back to 40K, it's good to "meet" you. What flavor of CSM is your army?

Good gaming,

B
Living_Host

Postby byrobot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm new too so I might as well say hello! I'm on the Newton/Watertown border as well. Right by the good old Ancient Order of Hibernians.

Mostly just coming back for Blood Bowl but who knows what time will bring. I dabbled in Imperial Guard, Tyrranids and Chaos in my younger 40k days.
byrobot

Postby eohall » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 pm

That's awesome that it's so close, I'll definitely check it out as soon as these little plastic bastards are playable. I can't in good conscience field unpainted models.

Is it each and every thursday, generally? thats pretty exciting, as I hate driving my car for more than about ten minutes at a stretch and will do anything to avoid it. Up the local!

The flavor I flavoured was Death Guard, I put the army together initially around the end of 3rd ed I think, or whenever it was there was rules to back up the fluff of seven-man squads. I'm still mightily partial to papa nurgle but have a thing for noise marines too, especially the comically punk older models. I think I'll wait for the codex to make any new decisions, as I've just recently paintstripped and disassembled 95% of my amateurish force.

Never played BloodBowl, or any of the skirmish-type games, but they're really intriguing to me, especially the low model count/cost aspect, at least as compared to most other GW stuff. Those bastards got me Brokeback'd, for sure.
eohall

Postby afeinman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Plenty of Nurgle players around (myself and Brad, at least). I had a nice list of 7 squads of 7, but...yeah. Sacred numbers don't mean much any more, and 'generic' daemons made the list boring in 5th. But 6th and the new ally rules are making for some interesting possibilities.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Bruce_of_Bruce » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 pm

eohall wrote: I can't in good conscience field unpainted models.

I like him already
"Fuck you"

~ David Mamet Pulitzer Prize winning American playwright~
Bruce_of_Bruce
God Save the Queen

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Troop also plays Death Guard, so you're in a Nurgle Friendly environment for sure.

Gaming is indeed every single Thursday. Attendence varies... we've has as low as 4 people attend in the height of summer to as many as 18... average nights see 4-6 games going on.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah, attendance varies, and it's important to post to the matchups forum if you want to find a game. I think we had a few people just show up and expect to play, and while that sometimes works out, more often everyone's paired up and it's a bit awkward if you just show up.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Board index Administratum Introductions