Hi; I'm with Quesadilla

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hi; I'm with Quesadilla

Postby Zhent » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 am

Hi there; I am glad that I ended up tagging along with Brian last Thursday and it was nice to meet everyone who was there. I am Chris, living in Medford and typically play with Brian and some others on the weekends at Hobby Bunker - we are looking to expand our circle of people who play Warhammer AND can drive themselves to their own games.

I play a fairly extensive Dark Angel army, and have recently shifted my focus to a 30k Sons of Horus army and a IA12 Maynarkh Necrons army. I also have a smattering of Fantasy Dwarves, WoC, and Demons. Looking forward to meeting more people in the coming weeks.

-Chris
Zhent

Re: Hi; I'm with Quesadilla

Postby Lucyth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:35 am

Nice to meet you Chris!

I don't think I had a chance to properly introduce myself, since my game of Relic was getting intense. I'm Cody, Blood Bowl Enthusiast and resident Dark Eldar guy (don't worry, I only own one Venom). Glad to see some new faces at the Eagles! I'm in Arlington, but I rarely wind up over at the Hobby Bunker... too many disappointments. So hopefully I'll see you and Brian in Watertown!

Now when you say "extensive Dark Angels army," how extensive is extensive?

Also, I noticed you used a semicolon in your introduction thread. I think we're going to get along just fine.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Exokan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:02 am

Glad to see that someone else is a fan of the Maynarkh Necrons... those guys are my fucking jam!

Looking forward to seeing you around.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby Zhent » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 am

Lucyth wrote:Nice to meet you Chris!
Now when you say "extensive Dark Angels army," how extensive is extensive?

I've been collecting Dark Angels since I got my copy of the Angels of Death, which is still in my collection, and the army has just grown over time. Much of it is not particularly well painted, but I've decided not to repaint any of it and just leave it as-is, so I know I am making some progress in learning how to paint.

Currently, I have the entirety of the 3rd Company save some Rhino's, a significant portion of the 4th Company, 80/100 of the Deathwing, and I am in the process of pulling together 2000 points of Ravenwing to round it all out. Some of the more recent stuff is not painted, as the lackluster codex and my Heresy army have rather taken my focus, but it's on the docket eventually.

Exokan wrote:Glad to see that someone else is a fan of the Maynarkh Necrons... those guys are my fucking jam!

Looking forward to seeing you around.

I am a huge fan. I've got IA12 and I've started putting the army together - I'm finding it very dificult to match the sort of dusty/hazy damaged metal effect they have demonstrated on the Maynarkh Necrons in it, so I've got a fair number of WIP wraiths on my desk at the moment.
Zhent

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:41 pm

fHowdy Chris! This is Fred -- we met last Thursday. Nice to see you on the boards!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Board index Administratum Introductions