Hi There

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Hi There

Postby bonesaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi there!

I'm Dave. A friend of mine pointed out DorkaMorka to me and it looks to be pretty active so I figured I'd sign up and see if I can get back into playing 40k and find other gamers in the area. I got into 40k right before the release of 5th edition and I haven't played in probably 4 years. I've got a pretty solid sized Chaos army that needs some painting attention. In addition to my 40k stuff I'm interested in dabbling with a more skirmish game, I have some starter Dark Age stuff and I have some X-Wings Minis. I'm also a big board game fan. I'm sure as I get more situated I'll have plenty of questions to hopefully get me back in the gaming groove!

Dave
bonesaw

Re: Hi There

Postby Drool_bucket » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey and welcome! Glad you found us...

40K is a mainstay with us... and Blood Bowl is very popular as well.

Most of us play boardgames, but not too often at the Eagles, because we only have the hall on Thursdays and boardgames are so doable at people's house other nights.

As for skirmish, there is a Necromunda movement going on that bridging out towards InquisiMunda, a more free flowing version of the game.

Finally, I (and a few others) are trying to launch Malifaux at the Eagles, a nice little skirmish game that is just moving into it's 2nd edition of the rules. Jonasty and I will be running demos at the Eagles for the rest of the month or so...

Hope to meet you in person...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome to the boards, Dave!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby bonesaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 pm

What are the details on the Eagles on Thursday? I've seen mention of it in various posts but I think I'm just not looking in the right place for the nitty gritty.
bonesaw

Postby 92acclude » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Hey Dave, I'm Dylan, the guy who sent Jenn the link, so welcome, glad you signed up. Hope to see you soon.
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Thunderjaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Welcome! Always good to see another 40k player and yay for Xwing!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 pm

bonesaw wrote:What are the details on the Eagles on Thursday? I've seen mention of it in various posts but I think I'm just not looking in the right place for the nitty gritty.

We play on Thursday nights, from 6:30 or so until 10:30, at the Fraternal Order of the Eagles -- 44 Mt. Auburn Street, Watertown MA, in Watertown Square. (Some of us belong to a club, DorkaMorka, that pays the rent for the venue.)

The venue is 21+, with beer and drinks available for purchase from a bar right downstairs.

We charge $5 per evening to help defray to cost of renting the venue. Your first visit/game is free.

Most people schedule games in advance, often using these forums.

Come on by and visit if you want to check us out.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby bonesaw » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I started working on some of my models this past weekend and hope to grab the new rule books this week. Probably won't make this week but I'll be sure to post when I'm ready for my first game back. Good thing I love Khorne so much... Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the skull thrown... Doesn't matter who's though! Will be a gloriously destructive defeat haha.
bonesaw

Board index Administratum Introductions