Checking In!

New to the DorkaMorka Forums? Why not introduce yourself and say, "Hi!"

Checking In!

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 am

Howdy all,

New to the forums thanks to meeting up with a bunch of your crew last Tuesday. Ian (Drool_bucket) dragged them up to my local store in Manchester, NH (Myriad Games). We played some games of Malifaux and then hit up the local BBC pub for food and drinks. It was a blast!

I'm a relatively new war-gamer, as I've only been playing tabletop miniature games since about Oct 2011, but can honestly say I'm addicted to it.

My break-in game was Malifaux 1.5 (and continues to be). I've tried 40k, and last week played my first game of Warmchine. I've dabbled in Dust Warfare as well, and looked longingly at Flames of War. Malifaux is still my favorite of these, with Infinity as very close 2nd place. I would love to play more Infinity, but we have been so focused on Malifaux 2nd Edition at our store, it hasn't left any time for Infinity.

Besides playing these games, I have honestly also become pretty obsessed with the hobby aspect. Seeing painted models on the table is just so awesome (with great terrain as well), really enhances the experience! I am 'ok' if people play with unpainted models, but ALWAYS try and use an entirely painted army (if possible).

At the end of 2012, I became involved in the Wyrd Miniatures Henchmen program, same as Jonah, and have run a few events up at Myriad and the Game Castle in Londonderry, NH. I am really looking forward to helping Jonah and Ian drum up support for their Malifaux 2nd Edition Tournament they plan to run at your local venue. Together we have Henchman from 3 of the 6 New England states, who will be helping to bring players from all around the region. Sept. 7th is the date, but stay tuned for their official posting!

Well, I've talked long enough to bore most of you, but if you read this far, here are some pics of two of my model sets from Infinity and Malifaux...

EDIT: The BBCode for images seems be broken here, I'll just show a link to the photos on my blog, http://pfalcons-nest.blogspot.com/2013/ ... dness.html
Last edited by PeregrineFalcon on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeregrineFalcon

Re: Checking In!

Postby tinfoil » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 am

Welcome to the boards!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby jeremy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:50 am

Welcome Matt!

Is the pic of the Malifaux specifically cut off on the side, or is that just what my browser is showing?

Now we just have to get you down to Watrertown for a game.
"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity, because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.... makes perfect sense.
jeremy
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:50 am

Not sure why the photos don't show up the correct size.
PeregrineFalcon

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 am

jeremyrp wrote:Welcome Matt!

Is the pic of the Malifaux specifically cut off on the side, or is that just what my browser is showing?

Now we just have to get you down to Watrertown for a game.

If you want to see some of the photos here is the link to my blog (which is sometimes updated)...

http://pfalcons-nest.blogspot.com/2013/ ... dness.html

P.S. PeregrineFalcon = Adam
PeregrineFalcon

Postby Drool_bucket » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 am

Hey Adam,

thanks for signing up and pounding the drum that is Malifaux 2.0

Yes,it's all about getting you down to the Eagles, now, isn't it...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 am

Drool_bucket wrote:Hey Adam,

thanks for signing up and pounding the drum that is Malifaux 2.0

Yes,it's all about getting you down to the Eagles, now, isn't it...

I looked at the drive, it's about 1hr 10min, so I'm fine with that. Just need to coordinate with my wife, and figure out the best day. Maybe July 18th?

Also, for anyone looking to get in games early, I usually duck out of work early on game days, like 3/4, so I can be down to Watertown between 4/5.

Also, for anyone looking to get demos in of Malifaux 2E, I run demo days the 2nd Tuesday of the month up at Myriad Games in Manchester, NH. This Tuesday is one of those days. If you're interested just let me know. It can be a demo OR a more in-depth learning game.
Here is the link to the official Wyrd post for concrete details...

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.ph ... post490712
PeregrineFalcon

Postby SRM » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:36 am

Welcome aboard! I too share your love for the visual aspect of the game. I spent considerably more time painting stuff than actually playing, and I love the spectacle of two forces clash on a painted and modeled battlefield. I'm more of a 40k/Necromunda guy so you probably won't end up playing with me too often, but I hope to see you around!
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Jonasty » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 am

Welcome, welcome!
Jonasty

Board index Administratum Introductions