1 Comp AM list

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

1 Comp AM list

Postby DAPatrick » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Playing around with the new codex has been pretty fun. Not much has really changed, especially at this small of a level. I do however think that this is a pretty good start Hell, IG does wonderful at these small points values. Many of these elements will be pumped up and expanded as the points value goes up. I've got loads of toys that I would like to be able to bring out. I'm going to try to move away from overloading on troops like I typically do.
[HQ]
Lord Commissar - 65 pts

[TROOPS]
5 man Platoon command squad - 30 pts
30 man platoon squad, 3x autocannons - 180 pts

5 man Platoon command squad, 3x flamers - 45 pts
20 man platoon squad - 100 pts

[FAST]
Vendetta - 170 pts

[HEAVY]
Deathstrike - 160 pts
Last edited by DAPatrick on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Re: 0 Comp AM list

Postby mace_ace » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Looks cool but I have no idea what a Deathstrike is one of the new kits? Are you not putting any weapons in the 20 man squad?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby DAPatrick » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:29 pm

mace_ace wrote:Looks cool but I have no idea what a Deathstrike is one of the new kits? Are you not putting any weapons in the 20 man squad?

The death strike is the huge rocket from epic that does a 10" st 10 ap 1 ignores cover blast. It was in the last codex and I never ran it because the odds were that an av 12,10,10 open topped vehicle would get blown before it fires. They made it easier to fire this time but still only happens on a 4+ and can't fire turn 1.

The 20 man squad will get upgrades. Both squads will, but at this small of a points value they don't have them. Likely they will get las cannons and plasma.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby DAPatrick » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:48 pm

I was also considering putting commissar yarrick. With his ability to issue orders while in a blob, I think he is the best hq choice in the codex but it might be a little much.
DAPatrick

Postby RobPro » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am

How have vendettas changes in the new book? Also, I'd expect the Swedish Komp to get updated once they have a chance to flip through the new codex.
RobPro

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

RobPro wrote:How have vendettas changes in the new book? Also, I'd expect the Swedish Komp to get updated once they have a chance to flip through the new codex.

They can now only transport 6 and have gone up in price.
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 am

So they're basically "stormtrooper" or command squad transports now? The points cost was needed, and I won't really cry about the transport cap drop. 170pts seems fairly inline with what I'd expect to pay for a 3 TLLC Fast Mover.

I like the Deathstrike Patrick... haven't read the new rules on it, but always liked the concept in the last dex, even if the execution was a tad off.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 am

Thunderjaw wrote:So they're basically "stormtrooper" or command squad transports now? The points cost was needed, and I won't really cry about the transport cap drop. 170pts seems fairly inline with what I'd expect to pay for a 3 TLLC Fast Mover.

I like the Deathstrike Patrick... haven't read the new rules on it, but always liked the concept in the last dex, even if the execution was a tad off.

I also really liked the idea of it but it was just really too bad in the last codex to pull off. In this one it is just good enough to give it a shot. I think it adds a built-in narrative to every game. I am sure in most games it won't ever get the chance to shoot, or won't hit anything, but there will be a game or two where it will totally wreck face.
DAPatrick

Postby SRM » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 pm

I know it's just the core list, but having an ICBM in a 750 game would be hysterical. Can Lord Commissars issue orders, or just Yarrick?
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

SRM wrote:I know it's just the core list, but having an ICBM in a 750 game would be hysterical. Can Lord Commissars issue orders, or just Yarrick?

An ICBM is for sure happening it's going to be a thing. Spy's like us style.

Only Yarrick can issue orders and Yarrick and a Lord commissar are the only IC HQ selections. I haven't been playing many HQ command squads lately so I imagine they will get run a lot in my lists.
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Campbell... you're valhallans totally need an ICBM... and you need to paint up Usarker Creed and give him a little Gorbachev birthmark spot on his head... :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Yup, having thought it over, Yarrick is going into this army.

[HQ]
Commissar Yarrick - 145 pts

[TROOPS]

5 man Platoon command squad, 3x flamers - 45 pts

[FAST]
Vendetta - 170 pts

[HEAVY]
Deathstrike - 160 pts
DAPatrick

Postby Drool_bucket » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Just a friendly reminder that if you want any Heavy Weapons in those platoons they have to be designated before hand.

Unless IG Heavy Weapon Teams are no longer considered Infantry...
TAFK
Drool_bucket
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Drool_bucket wrote:Just a friendly reminder that if you want any Heavy Weapons in those platoons they have to be designated before hand.

Unless IG Heavy Weapon Teams are no longer considered Infantry...

I don't know why the IG wouldn't be able to upgrade their weapons once they are in a platoon, but I really don't care enough to figure out the logic. I thought weapons could be added to units and models. I guess I will just max out my platoon squad now then in case I want it like this in the future. It really makes the list a lot less interesting like that, but those platoons wouldn't be as useful if they can't be upgraded.

[HQ]
Commissar Yarrick - 145 pts

[TROOPS]
40 man platoon squad, 4x power axes & Melta bombs, 4x flamers - 300 pts

Veterans 60 pts 3 x plasmaguns

[FAST]
Vendetta - 170 pts
DAPatrick

Re: 1 Comp AM list

Postby mace_ace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm

It's to keep people from swapping their gear based on opponents and match ups. So drop a few bodies, choose your heavy weapons, and at larger point games add more bodies.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Next

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique