1st Compnay Salamanders

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

1st Compnay Salamanders

Postby K » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Because I can

Captain w/ Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer, storm bolter

7 Assault Terminators x3 L.C. x4 T.H.&S.S.

Land Raider Crusader w/Multi-Melta

6 Sterngaurd Sgt w/P.fist
Razorback w/ Linked las-cannon

Venerable Dread W/Multi-melta, Heavy Flamer
Drop Pod

5 Terminators x1 Heavy Flamer

10 Vangaurd x2 P.Fist, x1 Lightning Claw, x1 Power weapon, x2 Storm shield (one on Sgt)

Land Raider Redeemer w/Multi-Melta

1847 points
Any young lads around here interested in some high adventure!
K
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: 1st Compnay Salamanders

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Razorback w/ Sternguard... To me, the Sternguard are a "surgical strike" unit that are there to kill something. To do that they need mobility. The LC Razorback is most likely going to be sitting still if it wants to be successful. A couple of minor things I'd do...

1. Bump the Sternguard up and put them in a rhino or a pod...
2. Put a Stormshield on the Captain... right now he's a Warlord VP asking to be plucked.
3. If you don't want to put a SS on the Captain, then give him that AWESOME Relic Stormbolter... cause it's AWESOME. :)

Aside from that, I like it. :) Unbound lets you do some things that aren't necessarily effective, but are very fun. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I like the list, but don't you have to drop a terminator to fit them into the LRC? (Don't have my book with me)
I also would lose the razorback and give them a drop pod. I think drop pods are going to be big in 7th.
This is a great list and an awesome reason why unbound can make for some kick ass lists.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby K » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 am

Thunderjaw wrote:Aside from that, I like it. :) Unbound lets you do some things that aren't necessarily effective, but are very fun. :)

And that's what I'm hoping from time to time at the eagles. Fluffy, themed unbound armies that are kind of underpowered.
Any young lads around here interested in some high adventure!
K
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 pm

DAPatrick wrote:I like the list, but don't you have to drop a terminator to fit them into the LRC? (Don't have my book with me)
I also would lose the razorback and give them a drop pod. I think drop pods are going to be big in 7th.
This is a great list and an awesome reason why unbound can make for some kick ass lists.

LRCs have a transport capacity of sixteen. Seven bubs and El Capitano.

Looks like a fun list!
I've run my Sternguard with a Razorback, but never IN the Razorback. I like to put them in a "point defense" mode, where they camp out someplace and deny ground with their Hellfire shells and Kraken bolts. Now that they're "scoring," they're a tough tick to dig out of an objective.
Primarch's Wrath is the relic bolter, and it is indeed fun as hell. I ran it on a TDA Chaplain once, and it was hilarious rolling all those dice, then rerolling for wounds.
TheRhino

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique