1850 Close Combat Nids

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

1850 Close Combat Nids

Postby goblin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm

now for something completely different from my other list(s):

Code: Select all
hive tyrant           240
lash whip + bonesword
adrenal glands

3 tyrant guard        165
adrenal glands

tervigon              225
crushing claws
adrenal glands

haruspex              175
adrenal glands

venomthrope            45

venomthrope            45

10 genestealers       160
adrenal glands

10 genestealers       160
adrenal glands

3 carnifexes          405
adrenal glands

trygon prime          230

total                1850

the list has a couple repeated choices (genestealers because they're really cool (though not particular points efficient) and venomthropes because they're the only way to keep the genestealers alive to try to get across the board) and has the glaring flaw that it absolutely can't do a thing against flyers. i think it would make for an interesting game having all these fleet close combat bugs charging across the board. i'd be really interested to see how many of these dudes would actually get across the board against a nasty shooting army like tau, eldar, or marines. i think you could also have a really sweet slugfest against another close combat army like demons. all in all, i think the list is probably significantly less effective than the shooting lists (i guess that's just how nids are now, sadly) but it's fun to really take a theme and run with it :)
goblin

Re: 1850 Close Combat Nids

Postby Brutal Legend » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:43 pm

My first impression is that it would be a fun list to play. It is almost a White Dwarf kind of list. I don't know about 3 carnis, maybe 2. Do you hate hormagaunts and all the other little creatures?
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby goblin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:30 am

Do you hate hormagaunts and all the other little creatures?

i considered putting some hormagants in the list (in place of the second unit of pantsthieves) but i didn't initially simply because i don't know how many i have and can't be bothered to count them right now :lol: in all honestly though, i do think the big monsters are way cooler than the little ones :P

this list makes me wish i owned raveners :P
goblin

Postby Thunderjaw » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 am

yeah... a "medium bug" list would be really cool... massed Raveners, Warriors, Lictors, Venomthropes, etc etc... but you'd go broke buying them all! :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique