Black Legion list with Index

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

Black Legion list with Index

Postby mace_ace » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:23 pm

So here's the list that I used for my first game of 8th with Cody. It's pretty close to my 6th ed Black Legion 2000point list. I didn't really want to change much because I wanted to see how differently it played. The Raptors and Warp Talons are new though.

Code: Select all
HQ [15 PL, 288pts]
[b]Daemon Prince with Wings [10 PL, 212pts][/b]
Daemonic, Daemonic Allegiance, Death to the False Emperor, Might over Magic, Prince of Chaos
Hellforged sword [42pts], Tzeentch

Hellforged sword   Melee   Melee   User   -2   3   -
Malefic talon   Melee   Melee   User   -2   2   Each time this model fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. A model armed with two sets of malefic talons can make 3 additional attacks with them instead.

[b]Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts][/b]
Death to the False Emperor, Sigil of Corruption
Bolt pistol, Power maul [4pts]

Troops [24 PL, 474pts]

[b]Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 118pts][/b]
19x Chaos Cultist [95pts], 2x Flamer [18pts]
Cultist Champion [5pts]
Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

[b]Chaos Space Marines [9 PL, 184pts][/b]
Death to the False Emperor
9x Chaos Space Marine [117pts], 2x Meltagun [34pts], No Chaos Mark
Aspiring Champion [33pts]
Bolt pistol, Power fist [20pts]

[b]Chaos Space Marines [9 PL, 172pts][/b]
9x Chaos Space Marine [117pts], Lascannon [25pts], No Chaos Mark, Plasma gun [13pts]
Aspiring Champion [17pts]
Bolt pistol, Power sword [4pts]

Elites [22 PL, 432pts]

[b]Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 285pts][/b]
Death to the False Emperor, Teleport Strike
No Chaos Mark
Chaos Terminator [71pts]
Chainfist [22pts], Reaper autocannon [18pts]
Chaos Terminator [55pts]
Chainfist [22pts], Combi-bolter [2pts]
Chaos Terminator [53pts]
Combi-bolter [2pts], Power fist [20pts]
Chaos Terminator [53pts]
Terminator Champion [53pts]

[b]Helbrute [8 PL, 147pts][/b]
Explodes
Missile launcher [25pts], Twin lascannon [50pts]

Fast Attack [21 PL, 332pts]

[b]Raptors [12 PL, 192pts][/b]
2x Flamer [18pts], No Chaos Mark, 9x Raptor [153pts]
Raptor Champion [21pts]
Bolt pistol, Power sword [4pts]

Warp Talons [9 PL, 140pts]
Daemonic, Death to the False Emperor
4x Warp Talon [112pts]
4x Pair of Lightning Claws [52pts]
Warp Talon Champion [28pts]
Pair of Lightning Claws [13pts]

Heavy Support [23 PL, 401pts]

[b]Chaos Predator [10 PL, 171pts][/b]
Explodes
Predator autocannon [49pts]
Two heavy bolters [20pts]
2x Heavy bolter [20pts]

[b]Havocs [13 PL, 230pts][/b]
9x Havoc [117pts], 4x Missile launcher [100pts], No Chaos Mark
Aspiring Champion [13pts]
Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Dedicated Transport [4 PL, 72pts]

[b]Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 72pts][/b]
Explodes
Combi-bolter [2pts]

Selection Rules
Daemonic: This model has a 5++.
Daemonic Allegiance: When you include a Daemon Prince in your army, you must choose which of the four Chaos Gods it owes its allegiance to: Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, or Slaanesh. It then gains the appropriate keyword.
Explodes: If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing it from the battlefield and before any embarked models disembark. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" suffers D3 mortal wounds.
Might over Magic: A Daemon Prince of Khorne increases its Attacks characteristic by 1.
Prince of Chaos: You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 made for friendly (Legion) units within 6" of this model. This ability also affects friendly Daemon units within 6", but only if they owe their allegiance to the same Chaos God e.g., Khorne Daemon units are only affected by Khorne Daemon Princes.
Sigil of Corruption: This model has a 4++ save.
Teleport Strike: During deployment, you can set up this model in a teleportarium chamber instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases the model can use a teleport strike to arrive on the battlefield - set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Re: Black Legion list with Index

Postby mace_ace » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Notes:

-Terminators are really good. 2 wounds and the 2+ 5++ is great. they also dish out a ton of firepower with combi-bolters getting 4 shots each at half range.
-Command points made a huge difference. being able to break the charge order is a big deal. Having my warp talons drop in 9 inches away and re-roll one of the charge distance dice meant that they made it into combat.
-perils of the warp on the DP in turn 1 wasn't good, but at least he only took one wound, and with his warlord trait or essentially FNP he got that wound back. Actually he got 4 or 5 back in a row over the next two turns.
-The walking Dark Apostle was a waste of points. I need to get him into the rhino
-Speaking of the rhino, he did get in it to not be the only available target at one point. He has a 4++ and was facing down too many heavy weapons. he was going to get shot to shit and have to roll to many saves to live. However, in the rhino, which was obviously going to be destroyed this turn, he had a much better chance of survival. There's only one explodes roll, and he's slain on a 1 on the die. So I rolled a 1, but AHA! i have a command point to re-roll that... and got another 1.
-Splitting fire is awesome. the las/plas troops squad took advantage of that a few time, as did the autocannon on the termies while the combi-bolters punished some mandrakes.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique