Fun with Allies

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:27 pm

and "sammich"... that's another magic word...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby timd » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:and "sammich"... that's another magic word...

QFT
NobleSavage wrote:I'm trying to keep my personal life off the Internet.
timd

Postby Hippie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 pm

How about this one:

Daemons Epidemius Tally list.
Allies: Orks- Big Mek and 30 grots

Turn 1(if you get preferred 1/2) drop Epidemius next to grots, then move grots nice and close(run if needed). Pop Aura of decay and kill a bunch of grots to max out the Tally. Woohoo! kill everything else on the board. Since they are enemy models they can be killed by Aura as it is an area of effect.

Add a Defense line with comms so if you don't get preferred 1/2 it's a reroll 3+ to get Tallyman turn 2. In the mean time the grots are hiding behind a defense line waiting to die.
Hippie

Postby mace_ace » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I do believe the wielder of that list may get a fluffy punch in the dick.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby afeinman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Hippie wrote:How about this one:

Daemons Epidemius Tally list.
Allies: Orks- Big Mek and 30 grots

Turn 1(if you get preferred 1/2) drop Epidemius next to grots, then move grots nice and close(run if needed). Pop Aura of decay and kill a bunch of grots

Full stop. Can't target own team. This is where we throw you out of the Eagles... :P
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Except the cloud doesn't target... it's a "nova" effect and the Grots are treated as enemies and can be hit by blasts and similar effects.

It's 100% legal.

As a weilder of the Epidemius beatstick on a regular occasion you don't NEED to make it any better than it is. Right now it's a tough list that's not overpowered. While I think the grot thing is hilarious, I'd also politely refrain from ever playing someone that employed it again. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I don't have the rules for Daemons or this weapon, but I'm going to side with Alex here based on what the rulebook seems to say, you can't drop templates and shit on your own guys.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby tinfoil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 am

DAPatrick wrote:I don't have the rules for Daemons or this weapon, but I'm going to side with Alex here based on what the rulebook seems to say, you can't drop templates and shit on your own guys.

But you're not
drop[ing] templates and shit on your own guys.
No templates involved. It's an area effect.

Funny idea, but I'm with Brad: an Epi list doesn't really need the gimmick. It's strong enough playing aggressively.[/quote]
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby afeinman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Thunderjaw wrote:Except the cloud doesn't target... it's a "nova" effect and the Grots are treated as enemies and can be hit by blasts and similar effects.

It's 100% legal.

I know that.

And I'll still ask you to pack your things and be on your merry way if you pull that shit. Just like I would with any "But it's TECHNICALLY LEGAL" stunt.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby tinfoil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am

:lol: Fair enough!
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Hippie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 am

I'm not a Nurgle guy(more Tzeentch and Slaanesh), but we have a guy up here that plays a Tally list pretty often. I saw this somewhere and thought it was hilarious to bring along sacrifices in the form of allies. I do think it is perfectly legal and cheesy(not as bad as min/max Spam but cheesy none the less).
Hippie

Postby afeinman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:38 am

Honest question: do you feel that with power weapons being 'only' AP3, the Tallyman list is less attractive?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am

It doesn't feel that way to me... clearly you're at a disadvantage vs Terminators, but at the point where you're getting the Power weapons you're already wounding on a 2+ with a reroll and your FNP is a 3+ so you'll kill terminators just via weight of attacks in the end.

Factor in the huge boost to Flying Daemon Princes, Blight Drones being flyers, the ability to take allied Terminators of your own, and Epi lists come off all right in the end.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Hippie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 am

The more games I play in 6th the more I realize the stuff that was good still is. Plaguebearers are still tough as hell and Crushers still kick ass even without the Initiative +1 and only AP3.
Now having only S10 stuff deny PB's their FnP makes them even harder to kill(let alone with Tally and 3+FnP)

Blight drones battle cannon can't shoot flyers so that sucks but a squadron of 3 can put a hurt on enemy flyers for sure(reaper autocannons).

I'm really stoked for this White Dwarf update with Flamers becoming 2 wounds and screamers getting S5 AP2 attacks( Termie hunters).
Hippie

Previous

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique