1750 Nurgle

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

1750 Nurgle

Postby K » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:56 am

In hopes of someday busting my 6th ed cherry her is a list you all to check out and give some input on.

Chaos Lord:
Mark of Nurgle, Black Mace, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation
150pts

Warp Smith
Mark Nurgle

Helbrute
Plasma Cannon

Helbrute
Linked las cannon

Helbrute
Linked Las cannon

10 Plague Marines
x2 Melta
P.Fist on Champion

10 Plague Marines
x2 Plasma
P.Sword on Campion

10 Plague Marines
x2 Plasma
P.Axe on champion

3 Spawn
Mark Nurgle

2 Obliterators
Mark Nurgle

Basic thinking is a wall if implacable filth spear headed by the 3 helbrutes and Spawn followed directly behind by two of the plague marine squads to take/contest objectives. The third plague marine squad sits on an objective (probably the one with the power axe). The Oblits just sit in the middel and go where needed.

I included the warp smith because a) the helbrutes are bullet magnets and b) I love the idea of the winds of nurgle causing defensive positions and fortifications to just crumble away.

So is this type of list even competitive anymore? more importantly would it be fun to play against?
Any young lads around here interested in some high adventure!
K
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am

Just a few notes.

-With challenges the Black Mace seems like a bad move on the Lord. He can't easily kill power armor which he'll most likely need to do often. Try either a power sword or lightning claws and stay the fuck away from terminators. Given that he's your Warlord you'll want him to live to not give a victory point as well as other reasons.

-Maybe use the extra Black Mace points for 1 Rhino. It will help sling a scoring unit further up field and also help with target saturation to hopefully take some fire from the Hellbrutes. Put the Warpsmith in the Rhino to help him keep pace with the Hellbrutes to repair them easier. Otherwise he's an IC running around getting sniped by heavy weapons.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby afeinman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am

I love the idea of a punchy smashy Nurgle list. It'd be fun to roll this against my Nurgle/Tau list (which was fairly similar).

On to the tactics, based on my limited 6th ed experience:

10 Plague Marines is...a huge number. Even 7 is hard to shift. Though with 5+ FNP they're a *little* less tough. I worry about people just ignoring one or more of the packs, because they aren't that mobile. (Running, and variable charges, both help a bit with mobility--as an opponent, you have to be worried about that possibility of someone rolling a 12" charge.)

I worry that people will pick off the Hellbrutes, glancing them to death if necessary, and then just evade the plaguers while they concentrate fire on whichever is fastest. A rhino or two would help with this, giving you lateral flexibility. The spawn will help you get into it faster, but they're fragile; you could also consider a Maulerfiend, as they move quite fast (effectively as Beasts).

What are you planning on doing against fliers? They are a part of the game now and you need *something*...the oblits might get lucky, but you need something with a high volume of fire (to make it more likely to roll 6s) and a decent range, rather than a high-T weapon. Or skyfire. Or just say "I'm ignoring fliers with my massive toughness"...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby NobleSavage » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:03 pm

The scary Hellbrutes will draw a lot of fire, but if you only add one Rhino, I still think a single transport like that will get singled out and killed/disabled early. I think that happens to Mason's Black Legion list a lot--or at least, the pre-6th lists. That one Rhino says "shoot me and strand 10 marines waaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck over here..."
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby mace_ace » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm

It rarely happened to me actually. I hid that thing pretty well if I didn't have first turn. Plus my list in 5th was built so the single Rhino wasn't as important for the overall mobility of the army.

As for your point of the Rhino going down quickly, yes it will. It's purpose is to get one turn of 12" movement and then Run or whatever it's called for vehicles. Or it won't because the HWs of the other player will be focusing on the Hellbrutes. Either way it's a bonus for K.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby K » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 pm

So looking like I may need some speed according to what folks say.

I'm thinking drop 2 plague marines from all three squads. That gives me 144 points I belive.

With those points I can pick up a rhino (I even have some nurgle forge world doors still in the package that need to be used) and also pick up an aegis defense with quad gun ..... that will allow me to set up as close as possible to my opponent, give some cover to the spawn to start first turn behind and give me some aa vs flyers.
Any young lads around here interested in some high adventure!
K
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 am

And it's a fun excuse to try out the bastion rules...
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique