1849 (1850) point Dark Angels list

Discuss your armies, how you want to use them, and how they fared in battle!

1849 (1850) point Dark Angels list

Postby DAPatrick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

Here is roughly the list I am thinking of fielding from the new book. Comments and criticism welcome. Should be a pretty solid list.

Dark Angels
HQ: Azrael 215 - will jump in the blob squad to give them 4+ invulnerable save. Also makes terminators and bike squads scoring

TROOPS:
Scout Squad, camo cloaks, 4 sniper rifles, Missile launcher (for Sergeant) with flakk 95 - cheap BS4 flakk missile launcher, can infiltrate, will have stealth.

TROOPS:
8 Man Terminator Squad - 1 assault cannon, 4 TH SS, 2 lightning claws 397 pts - deep strike in turn 1 or 2 off of a teleport homer from the bikes. Likely in a corner to sweep over. Mainly assault based.

Ravenwing Attack Squadron
6 bikes, 2 melta guns, attack bike with multi melta - 236 Will outflank from reserves

Fast Attack:
7 man Ravenwing Black Knights
2 grenade launchers, power weapon - 306 - Will lead the charge, traveling with 2+ or 3+ cover saves at T5, it will be a hard nut to crack. Each bike has Twin linked 18" Plasma guns and a ST5 rending Close combat weapon

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80 pts. cruses places giving things stealth and having a 2+ or 3+ coversave itself used to advance the black knights which place the terminator blob.

Allies 520 pts
HQ
Company Command squad Officer of the fleet - used for bring it down mainly against flyers 80 pts

TROOPS
Platoon command squad - objective grabbers in vendetta - 4 flamers 50 pts

40 man blob squad HUGE objective camper with 4+ invulnerable save, flamers deter charges
4 flamers, 4 autocannons:
260 pts

FAST ATTCK
vendetta reserve - to hold the platoon command squad. 130
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Exokan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 am

I like the list. In typical fashion, the Marine portions are the actual hard hitting segments of the army, and the Guard portions are the workhorse (or game winning) segments. I dig it!

I had to double check that Azrael's Lion Helm wasn't FAQ'd and damn, it wasn't. That's an amazing ability to confer to a blob squad!
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby DAPatrick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am

Exokan wrote:I had to double check that Azrael's Lion Helm wasn't FAQ'd and damn, it wasn't. That's an amazing ability to confer to a blob squad!

It's pretty amazing indeed. It makes it a really tough unit to dislodge from an objective. In addition, late in game you can order them to ground for the 2+ to cover, get 3+ in most cover and add the dark shroud to make it 2+

I'm not sure if 40 is too many however. I started with 50, but that squad might be unwieldy on the battle field. I figured 40 is enough to cause a real big issue for most armies, especially when you have so many hard hitters in your face.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby stormboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:41 am

40 may be a bit unwieldy. I had a mob of 25 orks last week and found it difficult to keep them out of terrain and moving. 40 models in 40k take up a huge amount of space. Though I can't imagine them getting a lot of fire their way early... simply because there are so many other elements of the army that deserve attention first. Though I can imagine them taking a ton of fire from large template weapons.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby DAPatrick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks for the advice Jack. In another list if these guys were expected to move around I might be concerned about that, but as designed these guys are just going to stay put and hope to roll 6's to hit aircraft.

It is also possible with 40 guys to split it up and have two groups of 20 if the situation is right to hole objectives, so it allows for a bit more flexibility. Large blast weapons will be a bit of a problem, but if there are lots of those, then we will just have to spread out a bit.
DAPatrick

Board index Discussion Armies, Tactica, Battle Reports, and List Critique