Malifaux 50ss gaining grounds 10/4/14 Hadley MA

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Malifaux 50ss gaining grounds 10/4/14 Hadley MA

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 pm

I will be running a tournament on Saturday October 4 at Off the Wall Games in Hadley. The tournament will be 3 rounds of 50 soulstones with fixed faction. The tournament will follow the 2014 gaining grounds for scoring, deployment and strategies. Schemes will be flipped each round. Round times will be 1:45 minutes with 15 minutes for crew selection and set up.

In addition to the standard tournament scoring, there will also be a Malifaux achievement section to the tournament.

Players will receive a card for each achievement over the course of the event. At the end of the event, the player that can make the best poker hand (up to 5 cards) will win the achievement part of the event. The more achievements, the better chance to make a good hand.
Each achievement can only be claimed once.

Win a game
Lose a game
Play one game with a fully painted crew
Use 2 different masters during the tournament
Use a soulstone and flip black joker as a result
Score 10 victory points in a single game
Score 0 victory points in a single game
Complete a game without using any soulstones
Kill an enemy master when assassinate is NOT a scheme
Have your master survive an entire game

Crews do not need to be painted but must be fully assembled.
Players must have actual wave 2 cards, or clearly printed finalized versions of the wave 2 cards for models they are using.

Best painted will be voted by players and organizer between round 1&2.

Round 1 starts at 11:00 rounds will be 2 hours with a few minutes to accommodate scoring. Lunch between round 1 and 2.
$8.00 preregistration. $10.00 day of. Prizes will include Wyrd product, store credit, trophies. I am getting professional trophies made for the event if more than 8 people preregister.
Preregistration can be made through PayPal Wallk583@gmail.com. Please include payment, player name and faction when preregistering.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or through wallk583@gmail.com

Preregistered:
Steve B
Manny A
Jonah Z
J R
Inquisitor Wall

Re: Malifaux 50ss gaining grounds 10/4/14 Hadley MA

Postby PeregrineFalcon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh this sounds like a lot of fun. Plus off the wall games is an awesome store! Plus Kevin, you always put on such great events :P!

Sadly, I can't make it. We attend a fall cider making party every year and it happens to fall on Oct. 4th this year. I'll spread the word in my area. Also, can't wait to see photos and let us know how it goes!
PeregrineFalcon

Re: Malifaux 50ss gaining grounds 10/4/14 Hadley MA

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Picked up the plaques today. I'm very happy with how they came out and have them for 1st-3rd and best painted. Little under 2 weeks until the event.

Too bad you can't make it Adam. I'm hoping to be out for any events prior to December but will certainly be out for the one around the beginning of December.
Inquisitor Wall

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events