Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby Thor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:38 am

Sorry I'm late in getting this posted here but November 8th is the 4th Standish Standoff in the middle-of-nowhere Maine. It's 1,650 with no comp restrictions. You can get some more info here: http://lordsofwar.me/index.php?board=8.0

There's no packet yet but hopefully Todd will rectify that soon.

If you want to buy your tickets then you can snag them here (only 8 left at the time of posting this): http://www.crossroadgames.com/catalog/e ... f_4/282913
User avatar
Thor
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:09 pm
Location: Westbrook, Maine

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby TheRhino » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

Thor wrote:Sorry I'm late in getting this posted here but November 8th is the 4th Standish Standoff in the middle-of-nowhere Maine. It's 1,650 with no comp restrictions. You can get some more info here: http://lordsofwar.me/index.php?board=8.0

There's no packet yet but hopefully Todd will rectify that soon.

If you want to buy your tickets then you can snag them here (only 8 left at the time of posting this): http://www.crossroadgames.com/catalog/e ... f_4/282913


FYI, there won't be a packet. Brenden said that since there's no composition system, and we're not revealing the missions until day-of, there's no need for one. The event page is all there'll be for info. Questions can be asked in the forum linked above, or here in this thread. I'll get answers for you.
TheRhino
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Saco, ME

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:40 am

There are no restrictions at all? So someone could play two transcendent C'tans? Titans? An all unbound summoning list with 100 IG psykers? All FMC? Fortifications? Anything goes?
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick
 
Posts: 5992
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:24 pm

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby TheRhino » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:36 am

DAPatrick wrote:There are no restrictions at all? So someone could play two transcendent C'tans? Titans? An all unbound summoning list with 100 IG psykers? All FMC? Fortifications? Anything goes?


This is the actual event page: http://www.crossroadgames.net/the-standish-standoff/

You're limited to two codeci, with Forgeworld units and dataslates counting as coming from their parent. (So, a Contemptor Dread would come from C:SM, for example).
Lords of War are allowed, because they're part of BRB FOC now. All the missions use the Through Attrition, Victory rule from Escalation, as well as the Escalation warlord traits if applicable (you don't have a LoW, and your opponent does).
I don't think Unbound armies are allowed. We didn't talk about it because no one does it.
TheRhino
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Saco, ME

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby RobPro » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:05 am

Any DorkaMorkites planning to attend this?
RobPro
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby 92acclude » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:30 am

I did!
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
User avatar
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta
 
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Sharon

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby SRM » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:15 am

I had an awesome time! Looking forward to Frateris Salutem.
User avatar
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby RobPro » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:25 am

What was the field like, and what were your games like? I was interested in attending, but it was a little too expensive for me.
RobPro
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Standish Standoff 4 - November 8th

Postby 92acclude » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:21 pm

RobPro wrote:What was the field like, and what were your games like? I was interested in attending, but it was a little too expensive for me.


I posted a recap in the bat reps forum section. http://www.dorkamorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10465
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
User avatar
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta
 
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Sharon


Board index Administratum Announcements & Events


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron