Standish Standoff 2012

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

Congrats to all!
It sounds like there might have been some serious competition for painting at this event. Do you guys know of a place where I can go and check out the winners? I would be very interested in seeing why Dylan of all people has to step up his game!
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Hippie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:47 am

Crossroad games Facebook has a couple hundred pics of the event and the painting competition I think is a separate album.

https://www.facebook.com/CrossroadGames
Hippie

Postby 92acclude » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 am

DAPatrick wrote:Congrats to all!
It sounds like there might have been some serious competition for painting at this event. Do you guys know of a place where I can go and check out the winners? I would be very interested in seeing why Dylan of all people has to step up his game!

I need to stop being lazy. I have some great parts of my work, but slack on others.

The overall effect is good, but I know why I'm not winning.
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Hippie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 pm

92acclude wrote:I need to stop being lazy. I have some great parts of my work, but slack on others.

Did I give you the wrong Paypal address? Fred got his payments in no problem. :lol:
Hippie

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Congratulations, guys. That was really nice work.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Hippie wrote:
92acclude wrote:I need to stop being lazy. I have some great parts of my work, but slack on others.

Did I give you the wrong Paypal address? Fred got his payments in no problem. :lol:

Nice try, too bad we know Fred. Fred would agree to Paypal you money, then realize how much money it costs to PayPal money and come up with an alternate 'counts as' Payment scheme which at the end of the day really leaves you confused and staring at a bunch of vaginas.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Hippie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 pm

DAPatrick wrote:Nice try, too bad we know Fred. Fred would agree to Paypal you money, then realize how much money it costs to PayPal money and come up with an alternate 'counts as' Payment scheme which at the end of the day really leaves you confused and staring at a bunch of vaginas.

Well, he is an Asshole.
Hippie

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Hippie wrote:
DAPatrick wrote:Nice try, too bad we know Fred. Fred would agree to Paypal you money, then realize how much money it costs to PayPal money and come up with an alternate 'counts as' Payment scheme which at the end of the day really leaves you confused and staring at a bunch of vaginas.

Well, he is an Asshole.

Agreed! Did he try to push his 'counts as' fluff over onto his dice rolls up there? I swear, I was playing him in a game in 5th and he thought that 'counts as' works for dice rolls. He gets shot up by one of my units and rolled a fistful of 1's and 2's. He then picked up those dice, set them aside and said they counted as his shooting results for next turn. Fred then proceeded to Roll a shitload of 5's and 6's, use the old dice to miss next turn and then assault and clean me up in very next turn.

I swear that is a completely true story!
DAPatrick

Postby TheRhino » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Tip: When playing Fred, don't remind him to make rolls he forgot. I'd have killed that damned GUO three times over if I hadn't told him to make his FNP rolls for three turns!
TheRhino

Postby tinfoil » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:02 pm

TheRhino wrote:Tip: When playing Fred, don't remind him to make rolls he forgot. I'd have killed that damned GUO three times over if I hadn't told him to make his FNP rolls for three turns!

This is true, I'm afraid. One of several reasons Todd earned my Strum-favorite-opponent vote.

I feel as though Todd has the potential to be a good player, but he really does need to step up his WAAC tournament attitude to take it to the next level.
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Hippie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 pm

DAPatrick wrote:
Agreed! Did he try to push his 'counts as' fluff over onto his dice rolls up there? I swear, I was playing him in a game in 5th and he thought that 'counts as' works for dice rolls. He gets shot up by one of my units and rolled a fistful of 1's and 2's. He then picked up those dice, set them aside and said they counted as his shooting results for next turn. Fred then proceeded to Roll a shitload of 5's and 6's, use the old dice to miss next turn and then assault and clean me up in very next turn.

At least you didn't get shot at by those Plaguebearers the next turn.
Hippie

Postby tinfoil » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

DAPatrick wrote: He gets shot up by one of my units and rolled a fistful of 1's and 2's. He then picked up those dice, set them aside and said they counted as his shooting results for next turn. Fred then proceeded to Roll a shitload of 5's and 6's, use the old dice to miss next turn and then assault and clean me up in very next turn.

Dude, you're not remembering this correctly. The 1's and 2's were counts-as leadership rolls for next turn.
-Bruce of Bruce

-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm

tinfoil wrote:
DAPatrick wrote: He gets shot up by one of my units and rolled a fistful of 1's and 2's. He then picked up those dice, set them aside and said they counted as his shooting results for next turn. Fred then proceeded to Roll a shitload of 5's and 6's, use the old dice to miss next turn and then assault and clean me up in very next turn.

Dude, you're not remembering this correctly. The 1's and 2's were counts-as leadership rolls for next turn.

Different game actually

I have also destroyed Fred in a campaign we were having, but he recorded full campaign points because he said it 'counts as' a victory.

Fred Dalzael: Dream crushing jerk!
DAPatrick

Postby tinfoil » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Dream crushing jerk: counts as, 40k stud-pup.
-Bruce of Bruce

-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Hippie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Here is the link to my feedback summary if you're interested:

http://forums.creativetwilight.com/inde ... g13938#new

Steve
Hippie