The June Jerkoff: A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tournament

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

The June Jerkoff: A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tournament

Postby Lucyth » Mon May 06, 2013 2:01 am

The June Jerkoff
        A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tournament
Announcing this summer's hottest event! The June Jerkoff! A 20 man Warhammer 40,000 tournament that you just can't miss! It's gonna be a hot, sweaty affair consisting of dozens of grown men in a sparsely furnished room groaning and cheering while they put their groping, sweaty mitts all over their little men. So grab a buddy or two, jump in the car, and head on down to Watertown, MA for a great day of making "pew pew" sounds while you shoot it all at your opponent!

Mark your calendars right now! June 29th is the day, 40k is the game we play!

Here's what you need to know:

Format
+ This is an 1850 point Warhammer 40,000 tournament. Rounds will be 2.5 hours long with strict "dice down" rules enforced. Players are strongly encouraged to bring a tray or display stand to help them move quickly between rounds.

+ All armies and models must be WYSYWYG (What You See is What You Get) and be completely based and painted according to the GT minimum (e.g. Three color minimum).

+ Forgeworld will be allowed (Except Superheavies or Gargantuan Creatures) so long as it is appropriately represented (no Cadians "counts as" Krieg armies, buster).

+ DorkaMorka always encourages an all-encompassing "full immersion" 40k experience. This means that in addition to the points earned from their games players will be scored on their list compositions, painting, and sportsmanship. Named squads, characters, and background fluff for armies are always welcome and appreciated!

+ Prizes and Swag will be awarded for "Best Overall," "Best General," "Best Army," and "Best Sportsman."

+ The Golden Rule is always: "Don't be a dick. C'mon."

+ There will be a Golden Squig painting competition for the best painted squad or model!!

+ This event will be taking place at The Fraternal Order of Eagles at 44 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown, MA. There is parking out back off of Spring Street (google maps gives approximate address as 39 Spring Street), across the way from CVS. Look for the "Private Parking" sign by the chain link fence and that's it. The entrance is not the easiest thing to find. Look for a covered stairway leading up. That's us. There will also be fun informative signs directing you as well once you reach the parking lot. *NOTE: Park at the CVS. There should be 8 hour meters there. If you need more info, just let us know.

+ The Entrance Fee is $20. This fee includes entry into the tournament as well as providing pizza for lunch.

+ Pre-registration is highly encouraged! If you want to pre-register, send a copy of your list and a PayPal payment of $20 to events@dorkamorka.com. Make sure you mark your PayPal payment as a "gift" so there will be no extra charges to you or to us. Also, please include your name and a contact email on your army list.

Miscellaneous Info:
+ This is a 21+ event. Alcohol will be sold by the venue.

RULES PACKET IS RIGHT HEAH!!!!

We hope to see your sweaty, smiling faces there!!

Sponsored by Slaanesh: "Just DO it."

No jerks allowed.
Last edited by Lucyth on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Hippie » Tue May 07, 2013 11:11 am

Very interested as are a good group from Maine. Last one you guys had we saw quite a bit of SPAM. Will there be a more restrictive comp system to keep the cheeseheads away?
Hippie

Re: The June Jerkoff: A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tourname

Postby 92acclude » Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 pm

We happily announce!

http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 110
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Re:

Postby 92acclude » Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Hippie wrote:Very interested as are a good group from Maine. Last one you guys had we saw quite a bit of SPAM. Will there be a more restrictive comp system to keep the cheeseheads away?

Steve,

We're going to do our best to limit abusive lists.

92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Hippie » Thu May 23, 2013 11:54 am

You can probably expect 6 or so from Maine and hopefully those all-airbrushed GK/Necron guys don't show up. :)
Hippie

Postby Lucyth » Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Gents!

The Date has been pushed back to June 29th! due to the fact that Battlegrounds is running a tournament the very same day. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, the Rules Packet has been posted in the original post ^^^ up there!

Let us know if there are any questions or concerns!
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Zombie » Tue May 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh Maybe I can make it now.
Zombie
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby NobleSavage » Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 pm

While I, sadly, can not.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby gangrel767 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 am

Hello all, first post here... I have some questions regarding the rules packet, most specifically the Comp scores sheet. While most of the rules for the comp score are very clear, some seem very arbitrary, so I'd like some clarification please.

The first one "Is this army a jerk?" - this seems very nebulous. Most of the others feature a hard ruling, but this one is an opinion?

Does this army have more than one "Non Troop" Squadron? & Does this army have more than two "Non Troop" Squadrons? What defines a squadron? any unit? So for example if I took two HQ choices, would that violate the first question here since that is more than one Non-Troop squadron.

One more question... is the new Eldar Codex allowed?

Sorry if these are total noob questions, I am a long time 40k veteran, but have only been to a few events and never one with a comp score. I'd like to learn as much as I can about it before committing myself to attending.

Thank you for your help!
gangrel767

Postby 92acclude » Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm

gangrel767 wrote:Hello all, first post here... I have some questions regarding the rules packet, most specifically the Comp scores sheet. While most of the rules for the comp score are very clear, some seem very arbitrary, so I'd like some clarification please.

The first one "Is this army a jerk?" - this seems very nebulous. Most of the others feature a hard ruling, but this one is an opinion?

Does this army have more than one "Non Troop" Squadron? & Does this army have more than two "Non Troop" Squadrons? What defines a squadron? any unit? So for example if I took two HQ choices, would that violate the first question here since that is more than one Non-Troop squadron.

One more question... is the new Eldar Codex allowed?

Sorry if these are total noob questions, I am a long time 40k veteran, but have only been to a few events and never one with a comp score. I'd like to learn as much as I can about it before committing myself to attending.

Thank you for your help!

The "Is this army a Jerk" is a subjective ruling on the part of the judges. If we think that the entire army is abusive or a jerk, we can give you points right off the bat.

Non troops Squadrons refer to things like Killa Kans, Vendettas, and Helldrakes. I believe.

As for Eldar, I'll let the rules people chime in.

92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Hippie » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

So according to this Comp system I can be a Jerk X3 but just not X4? WTF??? Is this actually supposed to do something? Looks to me like this will be an all out Cheesefest from players outside the Dorka crew with such insignificant penalties for SPAM and such minor points for Sportsmanship. I'll discuss with some others up here but it doesn't look promising to me.

How about if you get 1 WTF point you just shouldn't be playing this game and especially not with the group at Dorka?

Steve
Hippie

Postby Exokan » Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm

I think this is a system derived from a Da Boyz Comp used in their GTs. I think it's there to allow flexibility but dissuade venom spam and three Helldrake sort of stuff.

I think you may be too harsh on the system Hippie... we'll see how it works for this event, and adjust accordingly if we need to!
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby gangrel767 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 pm

92acclude wrote:Non troops Squadrons refer to things like Killa Kans, Vendettas, and Helldrakes. I believe.

As for Eldar, I'll let the rules people chime in.

Heldrakes are not squadrons, so I'm still a little confused.
gangrel767

Postby Exokan » Wed May 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Vehicle Squadrons that are not Troop choices.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby DAPatrick » Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Hippie wrote:So according to this Comp system I can be a Jerk X3 but just not X4? WTF??? Is this actually supposed to do something? Looks to me like this will be an all out Cheesefest from players outside the Dorka crew with such insignificant penalties for SPAM and such minor

You seem very concerned with winning. There are many ways to skin a cat. You may be concerned about something that won't be an issue. You are looking at traveling like 3 or so hours to play - don''t you think you might find that people don't play exactly the way you do down here?

Even in our most cut-throat tourni's in the area you don't see more than 1 or 2 helldrakes and a few drago-wings. With 6th edition allowing for such great diversity and with codecii coming out so fast, even the hardened net-listers are having a hard time finding out what is Cheesy and what isn't. Heck, the Eldar codex is only going to be out for a few weeks, maybe there are stupidly broken combinations in there, are you going to hold it against the tournament if they aren't all caught?

Just come and have fun with the people that show up and don't worry about that too much.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Next

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events