40K tournament September 14th Hadley MA

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

40K tournament September 14th Hadley MA

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am

What -- Warhammer 40,000 Tournament, 1,750 points
When -- Saturday, September 14th, 11:00AM
Where -- Off the Wall Games, Hadley, MA
Entry Fee -- $15 - $10 if you register before Sept 7th.
Number of players -- TBD (Probably between 12 and 16)
List Submission: westernmassgaming@yahoo.com

The tournament will last three rounds of two hours and fifteen minutes each, with an hour break for lunch after the first round. Prizes will be awarded in the form of store credit to Off the Wall. Number of prizes and amount of prizes will be announced after the registration deadline, and are solely determined by attendance.

Registration for this event will be as follows:

1. Turn in your army list and entry fee by the registration deadline of September 7th, and you pay the early bird fee of $10.

2. Turn in your army list and entry fee anytime between September 7th and September 14th and the fee is $15

3. Turn in your army list and entry fee the day of the event (exact amount only, no debit or credit cards please) and the is $15. Day of lists must be submitted in person by 10:30 AM for validation and corrections. Validations close 15 minutes before the start time and failure to arrive in time to be validated will immediately disqualify you from participation.

For club members, you may hold a slot on the Reserved list up until the September 7th by submitting your army list, but you must still pay your entry fee no later than the 7th to receive your discount. Scenarios and a player's packet detailing all scoring and tourney information will be posted no later than September 7th, giving all players one week to make any final list adjustments. Lists can be changed once, and only once, after initial submission, so you can submit an initial list immediately, and then change it as necessary after scenarios are posted. Entry fees can be paid to any club officer in person, or via the club PayPal address (westernmassgaming@yahoo.com). Please include your forum name and first name in the payment information. Army lists can be submitted to the same e-mail address in .pdf, .doc, .rtf or Army Builder format. Please include your forum name and first name in the e-mail subject line. Any questions can be posted here, PM'd or e-mailed to myself, or directed to me in person.

If all spaces in the tournament are Reserved, you may still sign up by submitting your entry fee and list to be placed on the Alternates list. Any dropouts from the Reserved list will be filled by names on the Alternates list in descending order. If you get stuck on the Alternates list and do not get the opportunity to play, your entry fee will be refunded after the event. Entry fees for no-shows will not be refunded.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or check out the131.com.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there.
Inquisitor Wall

Re: 40K tournament September 14th Hadley MA

Postby NobleSavage » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Very interested!

Two questions:

1) Will this set-up be similar to the last tournament? Allies acceptable, no comp, same painting scoring scheme?
2) Are Imperial Armor/Forge World units allowed, or not?
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Re: 40K tournament September 14th Hadley MA

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Forgeworld -. We're going to allow any "40k Approved" Forgeworld units. You must have the appropriate model. Any conversions or Scratch Builds will need to be approved, again so we're sure it's not an issue of competitive advantage. We are also not going to allow any forgeworld armies DKoK or others that players may not be familiar with.

You must bring the rules with you when you come to the tournament, you must let us know when you submit your list that you have Forgeworld items so we can validate the lists.

Allies - Allies are a part of the rules, so therefore legal.

Painting Requirements - You are not required to have anything painted. We have yet to decide if there will be a painting component to the overall score, and how much it will be. This will be posted shortly. I would guess within the next week, hopefully by Wednesday.

Flavor-dexes - As far as I know these are official GW supplements and therefore legal.

In club rulings - I don't believe there is anything at this moment that we have as special rulings. If you have a specific concern please let us know, but I don't know of any situations not covered by the rules/FAQs that we would need to rule on.

Proxies/Scratch Builds - Need to be approved by the Event Organizer/Officer and Volunteer group. Take a picture, post it here: viewforum.php?f=41

Very rarely have models been denied. If the model is representative of what it is supposed to be it will most likely be approved, assuming it hasn't been modeled for competitive advantage (Dreadnaught the size of a marine/Terminator so you can hide it).

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Hopefully that will help to answer your questions.
Inquisitor Wall

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events