Dorkamorka Presents: Shell Shocktober II: The Re-Shocking

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Re: Dorkamorka Presents: Shell Shocktober II: The Re-Shockin

Postby Exokan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 am

Actually FW said on their facebook that the dudes from the badab books will be their next update. Give then two weeks or so.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby the_trooper » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:05 am

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my 5th edition Servants of Decay and Servants of Slaughter updates.... then maybe a 6th edition one. :wink:
"I don't actually play Warhammer, I just talk about how awesome it is when I do play. You know, like BMW drivers and sex."
the_trooper

Postby stormboy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 am

And with UK Gamesday around the corner, I am doubtful that the crew at FW is think about updates right now...
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby Exokan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 pm

+++Update+++ The packet should be up!
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby Hippie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 pm

1- So when the mission calls for a roll in turn 4 what happens if the game doesn't get to turn 4?
2- Are Daemonic Heralds HQ choices(3 taken as one FoC HQ slot)?
3- Fortifications really only deployed in deployment zones and not table half like BRB?
4- Topsy Turvy- Interceptor fire takes place at the end of the movement phase but this unit is arriving before first turn(after scout moves). Can the opponent fire Interceptor when it arrives as if there was a pregame movement phase?

I'm happy to see 3 WTF marks isn't scored the same as none this time. :D
Hippie

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:55 pm

1. Sucks to be you. Play faster. The games are down to 1500pts. If you (and really this isn't you, it's your opponent, but you get my point) can't get to turn four then there's a serious problem and you need to be SCREAMING about it to the tourney staff (like me).

2. Yes, Daemonic Heralds are HQ choices.

3. Yes, really only in Deployment zones. Fortifications just screw completely with the deployment rules. They're messy. So we're going to go with this version of messy and see how it goes. Last time we didn't allow fortifications and peeps didn't like that a ton. This time we've got them and we'll see how it goes.

4. Yes, exactly. You'll basically get a chance to react like you would if it was rolling on like normal. This rule is kind of a two edged sword... yeah you can force a Helldrake to start on the board where you can line up a shot at him and possibly remove him from the game BEFORE it starts, but then it's also "HOLY SHIT THE HELDRAKE IS ON THE BOARD TURN ONE! It could go either way. :)

WTF last time was essentially a trial thing last time... and one of the complaints about that trial was that while the whole "Auto Comp" thing was cool and fun, it would have been nice from a scoring perspective to have comp give some separation as well. So we're trying it this way. The first WTF being "free" is an attempt to help the themers out without overly penalizing them. It may mean we have to invoke the Judges WTF option more often, but we'll see. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby tinfoil » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Thunderjaw wrote:2. Yes, Daemonic Heralds are HQ choices.

Sorry, I'm still not clear. Would three heralds count as 1 hq choice, or 3?
"the closest thing we have to a nice guy is that asshole fred."
-Bruce of Bruce

"Oh, look at me! I have a bowling shirt on!!! I'm in a little toy club!!!"
-Exokan
tinfoil
Dream-Crushing Jerk
Dream-Crushing Jerk

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Since no one is giving me a context on the HQ question, I'll assume you're referring to them counting as individual HQ choices for WTF point purposes. I also like consistency, unless I for some reason change my mind. In this case I have NOT changed my mind and I'm going to go with the same thing I said last tournament. Each Herald counts as an individual HQ choice despite the fact that they take up one HQ "slot". That means if you take 3 Heralds and a Greater Daemon, you're consuming 4 HQ choices and thus earning 2 WTF points. This seems like a hardship, but since the first WTF point is "free" then it's not quite the hardship it was last time.

My thinking on this (feel free to lobby your position if you disagree) is that Heralds, while somewhat similar to say Necron Courts, are much BETTER than Court Members who are at best considered Sgt Level characters while Heralds can be considered "Minor HQ" level such as Chaplains, Librarians, Tech Marines, etc. Wolves fall in the same Category as Daemons in this regard. Wolves can take 2 HQ's per slot and those can be some significantly Beast Mode characters...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Goofy question, but how are Space Marine Dreads handled for duplicates now? The army list has a single entry for "Dreadnought" that contains both regular and Venerable statlines. Venerable is an upgrade, but it creates a completely different unit with a different statline. However, Ironclads are listed in a different army list entry entirely.

Are Venerable Dreads the same as Regular Dreads for FOC duplication purposes?
TheRhino

Postby afeinman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Just take three of each.

Is anyone else trying to max out their WTF points? I can't seem to get above 12.
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby TheRhino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I was tinkering with a master of the forge list using iron hands chapter tactics.
TheRhino

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Dreadnaughts are the same "choice" whether they're Venerable or Regular. Ironclads are a separate choice. That's the way the codex is written, and that's the way we'll judge it.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:17 am

Thunderjaw wrote:Dreadnaughts are the same "choice" whether they're Venerable or Regular. Ironclads are a separate choice. That's the way the codex is written, and that's the way we'll judge it.

That's what I figured, and it makes perfect sense.
Then I remembered that the Iron Hands don't have a lot f dreadnoughts anyways.
TheRhino

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm in for this tourney. I'll be making a return appearance with my Sons of Medusa. I haven't pre-registerd yet, but I will in the next week or 2.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Hippie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am

How many slots left? We still have a few guys on the fence and I will try to get some more signed up tomorrow night.
Thanks
Hippie

PreviousNext

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events