Smaug is coming...

General discussions for Aeronautica Imperialis, Warhammer Fantasy, and other games...

Smaug is coming...

Postby Thunderjaw » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:17 pm

But will he really be $490? He's rumored to be 2-3 feet long...

++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Re: Smaug is coming...

Postby DAPatrick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 pm

Unplayable. I am excited but very disappointed by this. How are you even supposed to move him to a game and then
Move him around the game? I blame peter Jackson. He was made too big and his price is just way to fucking much for me to justify it. At a few hundred dollars maybe, but the rumored $500 is insane!
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Brutal Legend » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:15 am

I think they're charging so much because his base has real 25mm scale gold coins. :) You know the price of gold has been going through the roof! Diggity Damn!
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby stormboy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 am

The model might be fucking amazing - but it will only be for serious collectors. Mostly because GW will create a price point that the regular person just can't deal with.

Can't wait to see some detail shots on the GW website though!
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby DAPatrick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:10 am

stormboy wrote:The model might be fucking amazing - but it will only be for serious collectors. Mostly because GW will create a price point that the regular person just can't deal with.

Can't wait to see some detail shots on the GW website though!

Not to mention that with this you need to put some serious thought into where you will store it. This doesn't just pop into foam or sit on a shelf.
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 am

I almost didn't recognize it as a dragon without a silly fantasy elf perched on its neck.

2-3 feet long? $500? Well, I guess every line has to have its Thunderhawk kit.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:57 pm

More pics leaked...

++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby DAPatrick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:44 am

Word on the street says that Smaug solid out in their prerelease stage in under a day even at $490. Mind you I haven't heard what quantities he was made in and if he was a limited run or not.
DAPatrick

Postby stormboy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:37 pm

They made 200.

200 x 490 = 98,000.

At some point I would expect another set of him to go out.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby DAPatrick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:43 pm

stormboy wrote:They made 200.

200 x 490 = 98,000.

At some point I would expect another set of him to go out.

Yeah that's not bad. Man 200. I was hoping this would be around for a while. I can't drop that cash a few weeks before Christmas. Hopefully they will make more. You never know with GW. We haven't seen any more void shield generators out there...
DAPatrick

Board index Discussion Other Games