"Trump's stubby fingers on The Button" nonsense

Anything that floats your boat

"Trump's stubby fingers on The Button" nonsense

Postby NobleSavage » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 am

Look. Trump's unsuited to be president in so many ways, we don't need to break out nuclear hysteria, too.

Now that his candidacy hasn't self-destructed as most thought it would (and as I truly thought it would), I hear this "Trump might push The Button!!" crap more and more.

He's P.T. Barnham for the 21st century. He's an YouTube comments section in human form. He's 10 pounds of bullshit in a 5-pound bag.

If he becomes POTUS, he'll do even more nothing than the nothing that is currently being done. He'll just do it louder. Trump is not the kind of huckster who starts a nuclear war. That's just silliness.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Re: "Trump's stubby fingers on The Button" nonsense

Postby afeinman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Roger Fisher, in the March 1981 issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists wrote:There is a young man, probably a Navy officer, who accompanies the President. This young man has a black attaché case which contains the codes that are needed to fire nuclear weapons. I could see the President at a staff meeting considering nuclear war as an abstract question. He might conclude: “On SIOP Plan One, the decision is affirmative, Communicate the Alpha line XYZ.” Such jargon holds what is involved at a distance.

My suggestion was quite simple: Put that needed code number in a little capsule, and then implant that capsule right next to the heart of a volunteer. The volunteer would carry with him a big, heavy butcher knife as he accompanied the President. If ever the President wanted to fire nuclear weapons, the only way he could do so would be for him first, with his own hands, to kill one human being. The President says, “George, I’m sorry but tens of millions must die.” He has to look at someone and realize what death is—what an innocent death is. Blood on the White House carpet. It’s reality brought home.

When I suggested this to friends in the Pentagon they said, “My God, that’s terrible. Having to kill someone would distort the President’s judgment. He might never push the button.“
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 pm

But what if George was a complete snarky asshole? That might make the decision even easier.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:18 am

Fret not Ron, none of us would ever be allowed to have that position.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 am

I thought the world would end if Mittens Romney got elected.

Compared with Trump, Romney's downright presi-fucking-dential. I can barely remember what i didn't like about him.

(Oh, wait. It just came back to me. But still... he'd be better.)
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Board index Miss Celanie Off Topic