Who knew BoLS could be so thoughtful?

Anything that floats your boat

Who knew BoLS could be so thoughtful?

Postby afeinman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/ ... tyles.html

Talking about consensual play styles, in the context of a mentor who's teaching young kids to play 40K / etc. This gets back to a lot of our conversations years ago when DM was separating itself from the WAAC crowd at neighboring stores (WAAC requires consent on the part of both players, or it's only fun for one of them...but WAAC generally doesn't understand the concept of consent).

Anyway, thoughtful reading. What color hanky is "narrative with a little competition"?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Re: Who knew BoLS could be so thoughtful?

Postby NobleSavage » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:49 am

Mentoring kids in things like sportsmanship, communication, etc. is definitely cool.

And more power to the posters in the thread if they can keep the discussion constructive... discussions containing "WAAC," "competitive," and/or "friendly/narrative play" turn toxic so often I've learned to avoid them. Maybe efforts like this can help younger players avoid becoming utter fuckwaffles--during play AND online. Always a good thing.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby SRM » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:28 pm

That's a lengthy article but it's a good one, even if it starts with some oversharing before getting to the point of it. I think the gaming community at large is getting to understand these concepts more, as events like NOVA and Adepticon have a lot of variety in their events for different playstyles and players, at least for 40k.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:29 pm

NobleSavage wrote:Mentoring kids in things like sportsmanship, communication, etc. is definitely cool.

And more power to the posters in the thread if they can keep the discussion constructive... discussions containing "WAAC," "competitive," and/or "friendly/narrative play" turn toxic so often I've learned to avoid them. Maybe efforts like this can help younger players avoid becoming utter fuckwaffles--during play AND online. Always a good thing.

You see what you do there, right?
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:14 am

You see what you do there, right?

I see what I did there NOW. When it's too late.

No one STOPS me before it's too late.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Board index Miss Celanie Off Topic