Millennials: No more useless than any other generation

Anything that floats your boat

Millennials: No more useless than any other generation

Postby NobleSavage » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Every generation is annoying as fuck until it reaches its late 20s. If you get lucky, there will be a Great Depression, or Nazis to fight, or disco... you know, something for your generation to overcome, and help develop some badly needed character. Madison Avenue classifies me as Gen X, so my age group didn't even have to dodge the draft. The only thing we had to survive was shitty TV like Full House and 7th Heaven. So... pretty much hopeless, as far as generational character goes.

Let's be honest, if you're under 25, you're probably insufferable to everyone except other 20-somethings. Every generation is sure they'll be the last, because "those kids are gonna be too stupid to grow food." But, after they generate some fantastically shitty music, each generation pulls their head out of their ass and grows food.
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Re: Millennials: No more useless than any other generation

Postby SRM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 pm

I'm pretty sure Socrates was the first person to go on the record as saying "kids these days" and it's stuck ever since.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Ok... I'll give you Full House as it aired in 87 and ran till like 95, but 7th Heaven didn't even start till 96 so there's no way that's a GenX show. That's more GenY. GenX would be more like Growing Pains, the Facts of Life, Webster, and Family Ties I'm thinking.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby mace_ace » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 am

Yeah I'd think you'd know TV if anything Ron. Come on man.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby NobleSavage » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:11 pm

GenX would be more like Growing Pains, the Facts of Life, Webster, and Family Ties I'm thinking.

I learned everything I know about black/white race relations from watching Webster and Diff'rent Strokes.

And everything I know about being a private investigator from Magnum, PI.

And ABC After-School Specials taught me if you make out with your junior-high girlfriend in your old man's Buick after curfew, she'll get pregnant, and your plan to quit school, work at the A&P to support them, and live in the apt. over your parents' garage is going to turn out really, really badly. 'Course, using her babysitting money to get an abortion always turns out much worse, so... get that slut home before 10 p.m.!
"Either way, if you do touch their junk, don't treat it like you want your own treated. Treat it WAY Better."

--Thunderjaw
NobleSavage
Casanova
Casanova

Postby Lucyth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 pm

SRM wrote:I'm pretty sure Socrates was the first person to go on the record as saying "kids these days" and it's stuck ever since.

Are we talking about his penchant for buggery?
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Well... he did invent the question mark...
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Board index Miss Celanie Off Topic